iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No butter for my grits!

Started by CHARLIE, July 28, 2014, 10:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

sandhills

Ohhhhh CHARLIE, you done opened a can of worms with that!  :) :D

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

goose63

BIG CAN O WORMS
the grits wars is back on 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

red oaks lumber

i'll take the butter, you can keep the grits ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

rooster 58

Cool song ;) I wonder if that's Ray's favorite? ;D

Magicman

Without Butter for my Grits, I would be singing the Blues too.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

No butter for grits would give you the blues. 

Magicman, you beat me to it, but I will post anyway.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I rather enjoyed that. (the blues) ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Quote from: sandhills on July 28, 2014, 11:27:02 PM
Ohhhhh CHARLIE, you done opened a can of worms with that!  :) :D

Actually, I'd rather eat the can of worms!   ;D ;D

What's all the fuss anyway?
Wouldn't ketchup work just as good to cover up the taste?  ???
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Jeff

I think the song would have more appeal if it was about a Baloney sandwich and no Miracle Whip.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on July 29, 2014, 08:37:47 AM
I think the song would have more appeal if it was about a Baloney sandwich and no Miracle Whip.
It's apparent that you do not know Blue Plate.   ;D  It is a New Orleans product.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

No Butter for my Grits?  say_what

Never heard of anything like this.

You may as well be singing no blades for my mill...........cause you gonna get the same

BASS WHIPPING

if ya don't hurry up and find me some.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Not my favorite song rooster,but I did enjoy it anyways.
You all better start behaving or I'll get the starp out.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

Just let it go Ray........close your eyes and take a deep breath then think of roast beef.

Ok buddy are you feeling better?

sandhills

Ray, I have to admit that even though I raise corn I've never eaten grits, but I raise roast beef too so eat up, just looking out for job security ya know  :).  Magic I gotta ask, what is Blue Plate?  And I'm guessing no butter for the grits would be like no butter for my sweetcorn  ;D

Magicman

Quote from: sandhills on July 29, 2014, 01:12:55 PMMagic I gotta ask, what is Blue Plate?
My pleasure;  Blue Plate The "History" is an interesting read.  Blue Plate is the only mayo that we use.   food6

rooster 58

Sorry Ray, I just had to say it :D :D :D. I'd rather have your Maine lobsters 8)

thecfarm

Lobster? Me too. It's not in the veggie family.  :'(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Thanks Lynn, I read the recipe for southern potato salad and now my wife can be mad at me again for messing up her kitchen the next night she works :D, trust me you wouldn't blame her!

Magicman

I like my potatoes cut to ½-¾" cubes and do not overcook them, or you will have mashed potato salad.

Where you gonna get your Blue Plate from?   ???

sandhills

May have to go online for that, never saw it around here  ;D.  Wasn't kidding about the wife either, she really hates it when she has to go to work and I decide to whip something up (she tends to keep a much nicer house, and WAY cleaner kitchen than I do  :D).  It does sound good though and like you I like my taters in chunks when potato salad is involved, maybe even a little undercooked, but I also like mashed taters too  ;D. 

Jeff

I like my potatoes sliced thin, so when fried, there is much more surface area for browning and caramelization. And don't forget the onions in there too.

Magicman

And if you boil the potatoes whole before slicing and frying, they really turn out nice.  We are still getting some nice Vidalia Onions to slice and add to the skillet.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!