iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Approx year Timberjack 205

Started by Mooseknuckle, July 25, 2014, 07:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseknuckle

Hi all,  i took this TJ 205 for a test drive today. It has a cummins 3.9L 4B in it so not the original engine.  It needs some welding and at least two of the hub seals slowly leak gear oil. Both diffs has slow leaks as well.  Would anyone know the approx year of this machine and if it would be easy to find parts for??

Thanks All!

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Loggermann

I'm not real familiar with the old Jacks, but I would guess mid to late 60's. That's looks like a nice find though! I'll have to show that to my Dad, he grew up on the old 200 series.

Maine logger88

X2 around a 65 or 66 would be my guess. Seals for the Rockwell rears are no problem too get. My 225 leaks around the hub too I just haven't got around too fixing it so I just keep adding
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

dnash

The transmission should be a Borg Warner t98 and the transfer case should be a New Process 201. Parts for both are easily found online as they are common in the rock crawling world. The engine isn't an issue as are the hydraulics. The winch was used on pretty much every 200 series ever made so you should be fine there too.   

I remember the first 2 numbers in the serial code as 65 so I assume its a 1965? I picked one up last week and it has 65 as the first 2 numbers also.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

Mooseknuckle

Heres a few more picks of it

Mooseknuckle

Well I lined up a float called buddy up and go figure some guy was there with cash in Hand and grabbed it!!  Oh well i guess I have some more shopping for skidders in store for the future!

Thank You Sponsors!