iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Profile Member Map

Started by Magicman, July 23, 2014, 09:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I realize that this may be a "privacy" matter with some, but the pin map that Jeff provided for us in our profile can be very useful.  Pat and I are planning a trip that will cross a total of 11 states and 2 Canadian provinces.  Being able to pinpoint FF members that may be along our planned route is very helpful.  You can zoom the map in and actually place your pin on your rooftop.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Magicman if I could get to the map I would put my pin on it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sandhills

Mine's there, stop on in!  ;)  You two have a great trip planned, sounds a lot like the trip my uncle and I took to Alaska, he'd done it many times so knew a lot of neat places to go/see.  We just sort of wandered our way up there for 2 weeks  :).

Jeff

The software for the map has pretty much lost it's functionality to expand. The Forestry Forum has added far more information to our map than it is capable of rendering. I have tried to tweak it in the past, to try and keep it going, but it seems that it is now a lost cause.  I hope to find another way at some point to do what the old members map has been doing.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Jeff, don't feel bad, you just reminded me of every piece of machinery I own!  :D

Magicman

Jeff, does your statement include the map pin option on the actual profile that is included when a member's profile is viewed?  That option is what I was referring to.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Quote from: sandhills on July 23, 2014, 09:56:10 AM
Jeff, don't feel bad, you just reminded me of every piece of machinery I own!  :D
Also reminds me of this old decrepit body sometimes too. The only place I'm able to expand is at the waistline!

A nice member map serves what MM is looking for, and it is/would be a great resource for referrals to fellow FF members who are close to the customer or have the capability to perform a certain job.  A "sort" function would be awesome!  Hey, Jeff, can you whip that up in your spare time?   :D :D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

woodmills1

If the trip includes NH we have sleeping for 10 and come on over it wood be some thing way this side of wacko   :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

goose63

woodmills1 have you been drinking wackey juce? ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on July 23, 2014, 10:12:01 AM
Jeff, does your statement include the map pin option on the actual profile that is included when a member's profile is viewed?  That option is what I was referring to.

Its all part of the same process. I've not been able to replace my pin.

Magicman

Oh my, so now I see the depth of the delima.  It is sad to loose such a valuable tool.  :-\ 

yukon cornelius

ive never been able to get the map to work. it would be neat to see who is near me. if southern Missouri is on your path, stop in and see our cabin project!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

Well even if it isn't working Magic, just drive to the center of Nebraska (the middle of nowhere according to my 15 year old daughter, p.s.  watch out for the mountain lions she swears are out there) then knock on the door.  Chances are if you're not at the right place they can tell you how to get here.  :D

drobertson

I too like most folks enjoy seeing where folks live, not just here in the states but abroad as well.  I hope this function becomes operational asap.  Thanks for your effort Jeff!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Yup, not having the member map available to all members is a bummer.  I did not realize that the "Profile Map" was also a part of the "Member Map".   I was asking for the members to update their profile map and they did not even have one.  :-\

pigman

The members map works fine for me.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

woodmills1

no whacko juice just natural
was saying to majicman. if he is driving anywhere near southern NH to look in on us here at woodmills lumber and expect the invite to include food and lodgings
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

It is left coast this year, but it would not surprise me if we did the right coast area again...maybe next year.   ;D

VictorH

So I will suggest what might be completely unfeasable - can you have a map for every state - and province for our friends up North?  Reduce the amount of info each map has to deal with?

Ljohnsaw

Well, my pin is on my house with is 60 miles from my property where I will be starting on my cabin.  So, Jeff, when you get the map working again for all, please add the option to have more than one pin  ;) :D :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

There is currently no members map. I am looking into trying to fix it. it may be down for quite some time, or not. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

And I was gonna use that map to get to the Pig Roast.  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

JohnM

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

wesdor

MagicMan, 
If you are driving through Illinois we would be honored to host you at our place in Milan.  It is near where I-80 crosses the Mississippi. 
Send me a PM if your plans can include a stop here

Thank You Sponsors!