iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable Sawing

Started by Magicman, July 22, 2014, 08:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

You can never know what will turn up at the next portable sawing job.  Today it was Cedar, Pine, Oak, and Cherry.

The Cedar, Oak and Cherry was all sawn 5/4.

And the Pine was 4X4, 4X6, 8X8, & 10X10.

The next customer will be staging logs tomorrow, so no more sawing until Thursday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Looks and sounds like a nice sawjob Lynn!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

all of the above sounds good to me!  especially the cants! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Moving to a completely different location and customer every few days is always exciting to me.  It is sorta like Forest Gump's box of chocolates.  You just never know what is next.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

yikes, the stacking job is well , poor :(  hey i'm trying to be nice :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

yukon cornelius

nice looking lumber! your cants are as big as the logs I mill daily. on average I mill up about 2- 8 inch cedars a day. sometimes I add a 5 incher too! watch out boys, im takin over the market  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 22, 2014, 10:34:40 PM
yikes, the stacking job is well , poor :(  hey i'm trying to be nice :)

So what are you saying? Not enough stickers?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

that too. :)
the pile base looks very unstable, stickers need to start about 2" from each end, then every 16" there after. to me why go through the effort and expense of sawing lumber if its going to end up stacked like that. ;) even if the logs are of lower quality, proper stickering will help keep the lumber flatter and straighter.
sorry for being the stickering police :D  we all need to be something right? ;D

over the years of custom planing, iv'e seen and handled my share of lumber that was damaged from very poor stickering so,hopefully if i can help even one person understand the importance of proper piling then i have done my part in educating.

Magicman

I always give some basic stacking/stickering instructions, but after that the customer is on his own.  They stack wacko and I keep on sawing.  Some of the time they do a very nice job, but most of the time it is loaded onto a trailer and hauled to the barn for stickering.

This is a repeat customer and most of the previously sawed lumber was gone.  The rest is dead stacked under yesterdays stack.   ;D

Sixacresand

On the last job, I furnished stickers, which were precut and dry.  After we got started, I noticed the customer was laying down stickers every foot or so.  I had to explain to him that I usually place about 4-5 stickers to a 12 ft. board.  I don't like cutting stickers on site and using them green.   But its better than none at all.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

woodmills1

stack wacko

I nominate this term for forum honors up there with

Wack o lumber and DanG

stack wacko=something gone potentially really bad

use in a sentence

That cute girl in the nice lexus and sundress wasa stack wacko while texting driving down Ahmerst street.  (and woodmills yelled at her cause she was scaring the bejezus outa the UPS driver behind her)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

Yup, stack wacko.  Sometimes you gotta see it to believe it.  ROL would go wacko if he witnessed some real wacko stacks.  I can remember a few that I wish I had pictures of, but sometimes not.  The customer may not always be right, but he is always the customer.  Especially repeat wacko stackers.   smiley_dizzy

I'll be sawing Oak and Pine tomorrow.   ;D

goose63

Not with Waco stackers :o I hope
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm a Wacko Sawyer!  :D

KyTreeFarmer

Yep Poston, seems you have been stacked a little whacko :D
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

WDH

David was a little wacko after we stacked that pecan  smiley_devil.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

BCsaw

I was going to reply to the original post, but now I don't know what to say anymore.........   ;D ;D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 23, 2014, 09:47:12 PM
David was a little wacko after we stacked that pecan  smiley_devil.

:D :D :D

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Magicman on July 22, 2014, 10:32:08 PM
Moving to a completely different location and customer every few days is always exciting to me.  It is sorta like Forest Gump's box of chocolates.  You just never know what is next.   ;D
Sometimes one of the chocolates has ants in it.  Sometimes one of these threads does too.  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Today's sawing was Red Oak and SYP.  I got to the sawing site and felt that somehow something was not quite right. 

That is when I noticed that for the first time ever, I had forgotten to put my steel toed boots on.  I had better be careful.   :o

We made good work of sawing a bit over 1Mbf.  He had two White Oak logs skidded up that he decided not to saw.  I made a bargain with him for the logs because I need bridge decking.

The butt log had the obvious sign of metal, so I slabbed down to the blue, whacked it off and found a nail that was about 50 years deep.

Since bridge lumber doesn't have to be pretty, I slabbed the two logs.

I got about a dozen 2" thick X 12' bridge decking boards.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 23, 2014, 09:25:03 PM
I'm a Wacko Sawyer!  :D

We know, and we all care about you, so we've recruited some help.... (Don't pith her off.....)  :o

red oaks lumber

why cant people sticker wood better? sawyers need to be more proactive when it comes to proper stickering, we are the "professionals" that must lead the way showing and explaining how and why to stack right.

WDH

ROL,

Do you have a twitch in your right eye"?  :D :D

I am teasing you.  You are actually right this time  ;D. 

red oaks lumber

this time? 
two things are going to happen with pictures of lumber piles. 1) the stickering will improve 2)people will quit posting pictures of their poorly stacked lumber for fear of me pointing it out ;D
i'm hoping for option #1 :)

WDH

backwoods sawyer

Kind of courios why you did not edge them or are you going for the rustic bridge deck look  ;D

I can relate to the custom that just don't get how important proper stacking is the third time around even with a complete stacking instruction class each time ::)

ROL I am with you hoping for option #1 ;)

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Not necessarily right.  These logs were sawed at the staging area next to the woods.  The lumber will be hauled next week to the barn for stickering and drying.

I fully accept my role as a professional sawyer, now about that twitch.  :D

Since I am the "people" in question, rest assured that I have no fear and I will not quit posting pictures of whack stacked lumber at the saw site.   8)

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on July 24, 2014, 09:53:46 PM
Kind of courios why you did not edge them or are you going for the rustic bridge deck look
No, not for looks.  Since I leave 2"-4" of spacing between the bridge boards and the sapwood was already rotting on these logs, they will be self spacing.  I might/probably will have to do some chainsaw edging on a few of them, but no matter.  We got through before the rain came, and if I had edged, we would not have.   ;D

Delawhere Jack

ROL,

You can teach all of the people some of the time, and some of the people some of the time, but if they just won't listen......... It's on them.

I had a client a few months ago who TOLD ME that he was going to stack his freshly milled oak in the crawl space underneath the house. One 16"x8" foundation vent on either side of the foundation. I repeatedly told him that there would not be enough airflow, but DanG'ed if he didn't know better. I tried, he paid cash, it's on him now.....

JC

Peter Drouin

With all the land you have Magicman, You make a deal for a rotting log.
smiley_headscratch
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Not only was the sapwood rotting, it also had known metal. :D  The sapwood rots off of bridge decking fairly quickly anyway, so that did not matter.

Actually, White Oak is a species that I have very little of.  My plan was to use some large Black Locust trees, but getting to them was a potential pita.  Using this White Oak was a matter of convenience, and the price was right.   ;D

red oaks lumber

i belive its all in the approach, i've trained countless newbies the importance of stickering and low and behold, it looks pretty good. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 25, 2014, 12:46:29 PM
and low and behold, it looks pretty good. :)

I think this is first time I have seen you happy.  ;D

Magicman

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 25, 2014, 12:46:29 PM
i belive its all in the approach, i've trained countless newbies the importance of stickering and low and behold, it looks pretty good. :) 
I agree 100%.  I seldom get to see the customer's final stickering, but here are two instances.

This was Bruce's lumber when I finished sawing.

Here it is just before he started to build his new home.

Part of Clyde's Oak and Cedar before it was used as wall paneling.

Clyde's walls paneled with my lumber.   :)

Nomad

A good job of stickering and stacking is nice to see.

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

red oaks lumber

stickers need to start about 2" from the end to help support the end. by doing that it also helps keep the board from splitting in past the first sticker.mostly hardwoods.
the last picture looks like the lumber will be completly moldy from lack of air flow.

Nomad

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 25, 2014, 09:47:25 PM
stickers need to start about 2" from the end to help support the end. by doing that it also helps keep the board from splitting in past the first sticker.mostly hardwoods.
the last picture looks like the lumber will be completly moldy from lack of air flow.

Yeah... I told 'em to make the stacks no more than 4' wide.  I guess I never said not to place the stacks side by side. ::)  But they have a lot of lumber sawn for them, and said it would be fine.  Every building on that ranch is built from lumber cut and milled there, including 3 houses.  Next time I was out there this stack was a new building.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

rasman57

This thread just kept getting better and better.  Many of us who hang around the forum learning from the sage wisdom and experience of Magicman never expected to ever see him wearing prison sneakers.   I ALWAYS read his posts because he has it going on.    If I learn he is in a Hip Hop Group though,  I am done. 

barbender

I might have to post all the pictures of poorly stacked lumber I can find, just to see if it will push poor ROL over the edge ;D Actually, I will post a picture of a pile of oak my 12 and 14 year old daughters did, they made me right proud. I taught the oldest how to stack, and it looks like she taught little sister right. I didn't help them at all, I just had the dunnage laid out and a dead stacked pile in front of it, and they took care of it for dad 8)
Too many irons in the fire

red oaks lumber

i love seeing lumber stacked properly :)
it doesnt matter how skilled the sawyer is, or how finely tuned the mill is, or if the log is veneer, if the stickering /stack job is poor, the end result will be hard to work with.its the only part of dealing with lumber you have control of, you didnt grow the tree, you cant control the weather. just stickering  ;D

barbender

I agree ROL, I fear a lot of custom sawing is wasted effort :( because people don't deal with the lumber and sticker it properly.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

red oaks lumber

yup, then they bring their "air dried" lumber to us to have v-groove of floor made. wow, usally the last foot or so on both ends of the boards look like ski tips ;) and the board looks like a roller coaster wiggling up and down but, they think we are miracle workers :)

barbender

"Don't that planer thing fix that?" ::)

Dave Shepard

I'll post my cherry lumber pic again just for rol.  :) 1' on center, stacked on really flat concrete:

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Quote from: barbender on July 26, 2014, 08:39:42 PM

Not in my experience.  The planer makes the two faces parallel, but not flat.  You have to have a jointer for that, and many boards are too wide to face joint easily, plus it is very slow and time consuming. 

Magicman

I see so much crazy interesting stuff doing portable sawing, but I seldom see the lumber stickered in it's "drying place".  It is usually loaded onto a trailer or whack stacked at the sawing location.

These logs were staged along the roadside.  The sawmill is somewhere down that road.

The same logs looking from the sawmill.  They were John Deere'd to the sawmill as we needed them.

The days sawing left every evening in trailers to be stacked in the customer's barn.  It became a new home.

These were staged along the roadside.  I actually broke down and moved the sawmill up to the next log as they were sawed.  This lumber was trailered and stacked under the new lakeside home being built in the background.  It became wall paneling,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 26, 2014, 08:36:59 PM
but, they think we are miracle workers :)

No TRUER WORDS have been spoken! Good 1 Steve!  smiley_thumbsup

red oaks lumber

my planer wont do much for flattening the board but, my wood chipper will cure the problem :D
dave shepard.. those pics warm my heart!! that my friends is how lumber needs to be stacked and stickered.  smiley_inspector

barbender

Quote from: WDH on July 26, 2014, 09:05:07 PM
Quote from: barbender on July 26, 2014, 08:39:42 PM

Not in my experience.  The planer makes the two faces parallel, but not flat.  You have to have a jointer for that, and many boards are too wide to face joint easily, plus it is very slow and time consuming.
You missed my quote marks and eye roll smiley, WDH ;)

WDH

barbender,

You got me on that one  :-\.  If I had looked closely, I would have seen that you had your tongue in your cheek  ;D.

barbender

boxygen

Quote from: Dave Shepard on July 26, 2014, 08:55:13 PM
I'll post my cherry lumber pic again just for rol.  :) 1' on center, stacked on really flat concrete:

Show off!  :)
Hudson Oscar 121. Mahindra 2415, fransgard winch. Husky chainsaws from 346xp to 394xp, most are ported.

Dave Shepard

If you do a lot of stickering, and have the ability to move stacks of lumber, you owe it to yourself to build a stickering jig. In the closeup you can see the grooves that catch the end of the sticker in the upright. This not only ensures proper alignment, but makes for faster stickering. The jig is 2" OC, but as you can see in the cherry stacks, you can eyeball the extra stickers for 1' OC pretty well.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

rasman57

That is a great idea right there!  Cool jig and productive.  Thanks for posting it.

BCsaw

Dave, I take it the stack is picked up off the jig with forks?
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

backwoods sawyer

A planer mill I mill for on occation uses a metal jig that is the same style as yours. Two guys can sure stack some wood in short order using it. Your wood jig is nicely done smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

WDH

That jig also forces you to keep your stack layers all even and the same width.  Sometimes, a stack's upper layers tend to be wider than the lower layers, kind of like an upside down pagoda  :)

Dave Shepard

Yes, you pick the piles off with a forklift. WDH, if you cut all of your stickers a uniform length, it's harder to make odd width stacks. I cut all of my stickers at 4' because that is the length of the assorted forklift forks that I've had to work with over the years.

Magicman

I guess that today could be classified as "easy".  Dropped the sawmill wheel off for a new tire and then picked up a Grandson that was today's off bearer.  We did not do too bad by sawing a bit over 1100 bf of Pine and Cedar in 3½ hours.

It was mostly 1X12's with some narrower flitch lumber and no stickering today.  Just dead stacked for the customer to move to the barn.

red oaks lumber

why do people like stickering lumber in buildings? that is the worst place(no air flow) one might as well leave it dead stacked ;)

Magicman

And I am steady sawing and laughing all of the way to the bank.   :)

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 28, 2014, 06:42:07 PM
why do people like stickering lumber in buildings? that is the worst place(no air flow) one might as well leave it dead stacked ;)

Some people are just hard headed, you can tell them over and over again OUTDOORS! AIRFLOW, AIRFLOW, AIRFLOW. But they just won't hear.

3,000 bf of mostly oak ended up inside the FIL's small barn on this job. I think I finally got his attention when I told him that if they don't keep the doors open, and get some fans in there that is would all be for naught.

barbender

Will it really hurt the oak? I know any softwood would be mold city, but with white oak especially, would it have an adverse effect?

CalebL

Quote from: barbender on July 29, 2014, 12:18:47 AM
Will it really hurt the oak? I know any softwood would be mold city, but with white oak especially, would it have an adverse effect?

Maybe not but you will have water dripping from the ceiling in no time.
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

red oaks lumber

oak gets a dark blotchy look, that sometimes dosent plane out, also gets a white mold that really sucks for the people handling and planing it. ;) been there seen that :)

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2014, 09:01:10 PM
Today's sawing was Red Oak and SYP.  I got to the sawing site and felt that somehow something was not quite right. 

That is when I noticed that for the first time ever, I had forgotten to put my steel toed boots on.  I had better be careful.   :o

I had that same fealing about something not being quite right ;D

so I played in the sawdust  ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 28, 2014, 06:42:07 PM

Because it's gonna be gone by Friday.  ;D

ely

I put all my lumber in drying sheds, closed on three sides, but I also have several fans to move air through out the stacks... I find that I really only need the fans for the first few days, after that the lumber is dry enough to not need added airflow... but I do keep a check on it.

Magicman

Folks use what they have, simple enough to me.  Some have better empty places/spaces than others.

Tom L

nice job magic man , looks like you have been busy,

Magicman

Actually, I took off this week, but next week is knocking.   :)

Piston

Quote from: Magicman on August 01, 2014, 06:12:08 PM
Actually, I took off this week, but next week is knocking.   :)

Oh good, there are some pretty cool pics in this thread!  Makes for good inspiration to get me back to making sawdust  ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Magicman

Back on the sawing trail again today.  We were not able to start sawing until 10:30 this morning and finished just before the rain came about 4:00.  SYP framing lumber and then three logs sawed into 1" lumber.

1100 bf of 2X6's get loaded onto the trailer.

And 880 bf of mostly 1X12 "whack stacked" and ready to be moved later.

Peter Drouin

Nice job, And I bet the umbrella was handy in a field with all sun too :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Peter, it was really hot today, and yes the umbrella was the only thing that kept me going.  No way could I have continued, especially between 1 & 2 PM without it.

The enjoyable thing was that the logs were especially good and the help, both of which were named "John" (shown in the first picture) did their jobs very well.   ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

R.O. is gonna tell you...you need more stickers.  :D

Magicman

Yup, but it ain't gonna get them, at least until it gets moved to the barn and re-stacked.   ;D

We each meet our own markets.   :)

Magicman

Not all of the "opportunities" of portable sawing is sawing.  Yesterday my blade guide motor was erratic.  Not good, but at least I was able to finish.

No pictures, but this morning it was disassembling time.  Yup, it was buildup causing a brush to stick.  Spray brake cleaner took care of that.  Then it was oiling the motor bushings and white lube on the worm gear.  Of course re-assembly is a bit tricky dealing with the end cap, brushes, and the magnets grabbing the armature.  (the reason for no pictures)  Anyway, it is up and churning again.  :)

The next several jobs will include some traveling.  Maybe I will have time to get stuff done for me before then.   ;D

John S

I thought that I was the only one to dis-assemble and re-assemble the blade guide motor.  I had to re-glue the magnets about a year ago and felt like Houdini putting it back together.  Was really surprised when it actually worked!!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

red oaks lumber

no i'm not saying anything about stickering but, why do people like to re handle wood? i mean why not load it on what ever you are going to move it with the first time handling the board.
i must be lazy cause i 'm not touching it anymore than i have to. ;) or some might say i'm efficent :)

Magicman

:D  Thankfully, I do not handle slabs, sawdust, or lumber, but in this case the 2X6's were moved from the sawmill to the JD loader forks seen in the right side of the 1st picture.  Then they were dumped onto the gooseneck trailer for the trip to the barn.  I suppose that the forks will get the whack stack.  ;D

JD also brought up the logs one at the time as needed.  The logs were staged in the tall grass beyond the trailer.  A close look shows that I was actually set up on a field road with no shoulder.

Delawhere Jack

So then MM, is that two John's or three? Did a job Monday with no John's, but one really big IH, with a very talented Roger behind the wheel. He was so good I even let him set a log on the bunks... I was a bit nervous though.

Magicman

Actually there are two Johns in the picture because the off bearer was named John.  The customer was driving one and paying the other.   :D

drobertson

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 05, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
no i'm not saying anything about stickering but, why do people like to re handle wood? i mean why not load it on what ever you are going to move it with the first time handling the board.
i must be lazy cause i 'm not touching it anymore than i have to. ;) or some might say i'm efficent :)
I have to agree with the comment on double handling, but it seems that there are folks that don't handle each board.  I believe they must like looking at them as they stack them?  Not sure, but it's not for me, I have already seen them, and that's enough for me as well.  Not sure if it's efficient, or just plain lazy, but either way, it's over in my book,(most of the time) when I saw it.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Almost always it is easier for landowners to move and handle lumber than trees and logs, plus safer.  My sawing is nearly 100% in the woods or very close.  It matters not to me because I "saws um and leaves um".   :)

backwoods sawyer

"safer"
Had a customer the other day that had a 36" log get away from him while moving down off the hill with and "Old" two wheel drive Kabota with pallet forks on the rear :o log was headed straight for the house when a freshly planted apple tree stopped it. And that is where I milled it ;D

Piston

I bet that customer was happy he planted that apple tree! 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Piston....HAPPY BIRTHDAY....Poston

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Magicman on August 04, 2014, 09:30:00 PM
The enjoyable thing was that the logs were especially good and the help, both of which were named "John" (shown in the first picture) did their jobs very well.   ;D

I'm working a job right now where the client has hired a few teenagers to work with me. They have been among the very best help I've ever had on a milling job. One sixteen years old, and a couple about 13 years old. These kids young men are smart, they're alert, and they are not afraid to work. I prefer working with them over many of the grown men I've worked with.

There must be something in the water in Cecil Co. Maryland.... ;)

Piston

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 08, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

Thanks David.... Now...how do I get those cupcakes off my posts! 
-Matt

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Piston on August 08, 2014, 07:43:09 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 08, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

Thanks David.... Now...how do I get those cupcakes off my posts!

WDH will get them....he likes CAKE!  :D

Thank You Sponsors!