iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keep your eyes open.

Started by customsawyer, July 21, 2014, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Got a phone call from a "customer" working in Brazil that needed some timbers cut and delivered to Alabama. I told him, "no trouble I will start cutting right after I get cash in hand". He then starts talking about how he was going to send his wife and son with the cash. 30 min later he calls and I need to get in touch with his bank and they could wire it to my account. I started laughing and just told him that when I had cash in hand I would start cutting, it wasn't my job to get in touch with his bank. Keep your eyes open folks as there must be a new game in town. It might be the same old game just a different angle. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

I got a call yesterday that was similar in some respects except that I could not understand the guy to know all the details of his proposal because of his strong India accent. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Yup.  I got one like that the other day on my website.  Ignored it.  He hasn't tried again (yet.)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

ddcuning

If those people put as much effort into working as they do scamming they would have some money and would not have to try and steal it!

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

kelLOGg

Maybe the Nigerian prince has moved to Brazil. ;D ;D ;D
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

ellmoe

I think you guys are missing the boat. Last year I had a man call that wanted to buy my lumber. It didn't matter to him what species it was, what dimensions it was cut to, whether it was green, AD or KD, rough of finished,  and price wasn't a concern. The Perfect Customer!!! I was so excited I hung up the phone without getting his name or number. I've been waiting ever day since for him to call back. What a rookie mistake I made!  ::)
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

DMcCoy

Yup, about every 6 mo.'s or less. 
I have caller ID. Anymore I screen calls with it.  If I don't know the number they can leave a message if its important. 
The waste of time these people are...almost as bad as the internet.

Hi, My name is Dave - I have electronics issues.
Hi Dave - What is the problem(s)
Just a minute I have to send a text....

Small Slick

A few years ago I had a house for rent. A guy calls me and wanted to know if he could rent it immediately. Well it is vacant I told him. Then he processes to say he had enough money to pay rent upfront for a year and asked if it had a basement. Yes it does have a basement and why would you want to pay a years rent up front I asked him. He said he had the money and just wanted to get it out of the way. That is very strange I told him why would you pay a years worth of rent when you don't have to I've never had that request before. If it has a basement I will take the house he said. Well I told him I wasn't around for a week and he would have to fill out an application and get accepted to rent it wasn't going to happen today.

Long story short I'm pretty sure he wanted to cook meth in his newly rented drug house and by paying a years rent he thought I would take it and not bother him.

There are lots of scams out there.

John

goose63

When some one calls and I think its a scam I am not very nice thy get the idea fast and I never hear from them any more :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!