iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

out of the dog house

Started by slider, July 21, 2014, 03:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Well boys I'm out of the dog house.It was brought to my attention that for quiet some time I was helping others and not doing stuff for my bride.She had been wanting the back porch screened for a while.Man what a difference it makes.Here in south georgia we have more than our share of bugs.Now we can enjoy this porch without bathing in bug spray.Next is to install a gas cook top in the stainless steel counter we scored from a 

it should look nice for a while.
al glenn

slider

Sorry about the broken paragraph .Dont know how that happened.
al glenn

Magicman

Your curser was in the sentence and the picture's url was pasted at that location.  You could click on the "modify" button and correct it.

I would love to sit and sip a glass of sweet ice tea on that porch.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sbishop

looks good, how wide was the screen you purchased? what type of wood did you use to make panels? Thanks

Sbishop

sandhills

goose63

Tea or a cold beer at least you are out of the dog house and that's a good thing 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WDH

Looks good, but do you really think that you are out of the Dog House?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ellmoe

Quote from: WDH on July 21, 2014, 08:44:28 PM
Looks good, but do you really think that you are out of the Dog House?

If not, at least now he has a nice porch to move up to.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Chuck White

That porch is a real beauty, I forsee many happy times there!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LaneC

That is a beautiful porch. It looks great.
Man makes plans and God smiles

sawguy21

That looks like a fine place to spend an afternoon with a cold one.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

Cool, you did a great job. What a great place to have a cool drink after a day in the heat.  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

customsawyer

I will vouch for that porch being a nice place to sit and sip a cold one. I will not be taking my wife down there any time soon as she will have me screening in my porch. :o
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Al that's a great looking job you did there!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

timberlinetree

Nice job! I hope she makes you your favorite dinner for that one! Hope you both enjoy it!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

slider

sbishop  it was 85 inches wide.Thanks all of you for the compliments .
al glenn

jargo432

Very nice!  Not to ask too personal of a question but about how much did it cost you.  I've been wanting to do something like that at my home.
Jack of all trades.

thecfarm

That looks good. I like the floor.   :)  I have no idea if you has something else on gas,but if you have gas at your house,put in another line and you don't have to bother with the small tanks or running out of gas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Jake,

If you screen in your porch, you will need a tractor trailer load of screen.  Maybe Al can haul it to you with his restored truck. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

Sorry Jargo for the late reply I have been away.The screen was I think around 58 bucks per 25 ft roll the doors were 85 bucks each but they are nice ones .It's all done in cypress that I milled myself so all I had in it was time .
al glenn

Carlton

Great looking porch deffinately looks like the place for a glass or 2 of sweet tea or a pint or 2 of a good ale.
Also If married one is never truely out of the doghouse you are just allowed a little bit more slack in the chain  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!