iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Toy Hauler Travel Trailers.

Started by customsawyer, July 16, 2014, 03:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

Jake, I never had any problems towing mine with my toolbox in place. Many of the hitches will allow you to adjust their height above the hitch.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

DR_Buck

Quote from: Mooseherder on July 19, 2014, 04:10:06 AM
Just get a new truck. :D
Mine is 10 years old already.  Time flies when you're having fun.

That's what I just did.  Got a 2014 F450 loaded.  Haven't pulled the toyhauler with it yet because we've been busy with the house.   Haven't had the camper out this year.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

StimW

There are a lot of good priced used units on craigslist.org .
Many people buy and then change their mind after a few years and the savings are huge for used buyers.
I knew a couple that bought a 38'er 5th wheel for $75,000. and 3 years later sold it back to the dealer for pay-off for $25,000.  !! After trying to sell it their-self with no luck.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

Freedom6178

Just wondering did you make a choice? I'm interested in maybe getting one of these as well. There are a lot of options as I see it.
------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

Raider Bill

I found Jakes new toy hauler.  The trailer has to be big enough for not only the bike but also in my opinion a small 4 wheeled vehicle like a Jeep and a hot tub. I'm still working out the details. )

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

red

Jakes wings were clipped so the paint does not have to match the Gulfstream V
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

okmulch

I think you could hitch a boat behind that too!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Still looking Jake haven't forgot you.
I think this one will work nicely!

WDH

Slider has the truck.  All you need to do, Jake, is supply the Unit. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

Quote from: Magicman on July 20, 2014, 08:51:53 AM
Jake, google 5th wheel hitch to gooseneck adapter.  There are many different options.   Here is one source;  LINK

What ever you do, don't go near one of those gooseneck adapters. Unless you want to see this.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Raider Bill

And for the official Forestry Forum Band staring our own WDH!..

giant splinter

Jake I use a 22' fleetwood gearbox forward bath toyhauler, I can get my Rhino and Harley in there and still have room to move around. This is a bumper pull model and has done a good job, next round I will go with a "garage model" in the fifth wheel configuration as it is way more comfortable and you can enjoy your trip more. I like the Keystone Fusion model 395 and am thinking of upgrading. If you are going to be on extended trips the larger models with garages are the most comfortable, but the smaller bumper pull types are good enough for most average trips and are easier to get around in tight spots.
roll with it

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I need two tickets to the first show.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Quote from: Gary_C on August 19, 2014, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: Magicman on July 20, 2014, 08:51:53 AM
Jake, google 5th wheel hitch to gooseneck adapter.  There are many different options.   Here is one source;  LINK

What ever you do, don't go near one of those gooseneck adapters. Unless you want to see this.

Well at least you can see the hitch point a lot easier with this modification!!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

customsawyer

Went on a trip to Canada a couple of weeks ago and the wife has said she would like a motor home now. This way she can use the facilities while we drive. So now it is back to the drawing board and the search. All of these things are quite pricey and all I can think about is how many boards I have to cut to pay for one.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

I can tell you how many.  A whack. 

okmulch

I think it's more like a triple whack! I have seen the prices of some motor homes.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

DR_Buck

Quote from: okmulch on August 26, 2014, 09:10:31 PM
I think it's more like a triple whack! I have seen the prices of some motor homes.

I have a small one.   For Jake's size it will be something on the far side of a triple whack.   So start sawing.  smiley_whip
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Raider Bill

Back to the drawing board I guess. Don't worry Jake I'll find you something Lorraine will like. :D

Mooseherder

Texas Ranger

Bill, it could be smaller if he took the peddle bikes instead of the hogs.   ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

21incher

Quote from: customsawyer on August 26, 2014, 07:19:16 PM
Went on a trip to Canada a couple of weeks ago and the wife has said she would like a motor home now. This way she can use the facilities while we drive. So now it is back to the drawing board and the search. All of these things are quite pricey and all I can think about is how many boards I have to cut to pay for one.
That is definitely the way to go. You may want to keep a eye out for a used one. When I bought mine in 2002 it was 100k and 4 1/2 years later I sold it for 52k. It was basically still brand new with under 20k miles. The value of them drops fast in the first 5 years so you can save a lot with used, but pick a brand with proven reliability. Then just get a small trailer for the toys. It is so great to be able to pull into a rest area hit the generator button and get a great nights sleep even when it is 100 deg out without having to step outside. Plus you can write it off as a second home if it is big enough to meet the requirements.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!