iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

- Pictures are always good -

Started by BargeMonkey, July 15, 2014, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Camera dates wrong. Lots of hemlock. 

New years day 2014

My first feller buncher. She would out pick my timbco pound for pound, and that head was 2x the weight. She went out by Oneonta.   

They dont come much crazier than John.

My father putting the file to the 2 man saw @ the farm show. 

Some big oak of my last job. Forwarder wouldnt pick them, and I wouldnt bring my log truck over the bridge.

Thats our sawmill building, firewood processor is end.

BargeMonkey

Yanking the loader around with the franklin last fall.

BargeMonkey

That 405 would pull a mean drag. 

The day the jack got dropped off a few months ago. 

Franklin 405, she went out by Oswego Ny. 

Easiest way to drain your wallet. 

Some nice pine I put on the ground, about 2 months ago. 

My help being smart. New idler and 4 rollers. 

Brute H-106 processor. Just got a 4-276 heart transplant. 

My other home, down in the dungeon.  "Bubba" from MSI and I doing a blower in record time down in Houma LA. 

Trying to get the job done, about a week before christmas last year.

treeslayer2003

them tugs detroit powered? looks like a overgrown 871 blower.

thecfarm

Nice pictures. How about putting some in the timber havest thread?

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html

I go through that thread a couple times a year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

I was bored out of my skull, going thru my hard drive looking at stuff and figured why not post some pictures. Those are EMD engines, a 16-645-E6 specifically.  I think they are around 42k lbs bare engine before the accessories. 2100hp each, get about 40-50k hours between overhauls. I will post some fresh pictures in that thread next week. 96 hours of logging time starts thurs morning, ends sunday night. 

goose63

If some of that hemlock is the way send it over here I will take it off your hands free of charge 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Maine logger88

Looks good nice looking equipment! Bet that old two man saw is a handful! What was your old forwarder?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Maine372

looks like youre playing a little close to the power handing off to the log truck.

br389

Who has your skidder near oswego? I live in a town right next door

clww

Great pictures you shared, BargeMonkey. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Maine372 on July 15, 2014, 06:38:16 PM
looks like youre playing a little close to the power handing off to the log truck.
I thought that in the picture too. Its actually across the road and a safe distance from the truck. Telephone is the bottom wire, that can go. Logging optical illusion.   8)

Maine372

I see it now. at first look I thought you were handing it to him under the wire cause he couldn't reach with the wire in the way.

Autocar

Great pictures of your logging area thanks for sharing .
Bill

tj240

very nice pics, monkey, keep them coming. i used to run a 160 just like that when i worked for a veneer buyer from vermont
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

BargeMonkey

Quote from: tj240 on July 16, 2014, 07:42:56 PM
very nice pics, monkey, keep them coming. i used to run a 160 just like that when i worked for a veneer buyer from vermont
That could be the same loader  8)  Milton Cat wanted that machine gone in the worst way, sat out back after they took it on trade. Needed tires and springs, next time home its going to the shop for new glass, insulation in the cab and a radio, made a nice screen for the front window.

That woodlot turned into a horror show, wet, muddy,steep, I put about 60 water bars and seeded the header this last time home. 3 woodlots combined but the 2 on the left had been high graded about 8yrs ago. The wood is out there, just cant find the time to cut it. Im about 40 cord behind right now on firewood orders already, gotta get off this boat first.  :D

Phorester

I'd like to have the job that fellow has of sitting on the end of the log.  I could handle that.   ;D

BargeMonkey

Got in the woods this morning late, and left my phone in the truck. Got back to the mill @ 7 and they where still busy pumping out a stake order. We ship grade stakes all over, pallet loads at a time. Eats up 99% of the ash and beech, lower grade hard maple and soft maple. 

Southside

After seeing the first picture and from what i heard of the weather up your way I figured the "polar vortex" dumped snow on y'all.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mesquite buckeye

Them's a lot of sticks. ;D

Also look really nice.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

nhlogga

great pics. thanks for sharing. you got some nice looking equipment.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

timberlinetree

Nice pics  thanks for sharing.looks like you all work very hard and take care of things. Great job!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

BargeMonkey

Quote from: timberlinetree on July 25, 2014, 05:17:27 AM
Nice pics  thanks for sharing.looks like you all work very hard and take care of things. Great job!
Thanks, we try. My logging equipment will be museum pieces soon, been getting 4-5 days logging in a month right now.

Thank You Sponsors!