iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shed of Doom pictures

Started by cib, July 15, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cib

I think I got the photos showing. There are more, sadly worse photos of this I'll try to post later.

Another forum I post on a guy shared this, the story is that his neighbor was building a shed and he would go over and take pictures of it due to how poorly it was being built. Now we've all had jobs we've left and just were not pleased with our work but how could this guy sleep at night.

sandhills

Welcome to the forum cib, there is a tutorial on how to put photos in the FF gallery, I'm too stupid to be able to put a link to it but someone will be along to help out.  I'd like to see the pictures!

red oaks lumber

welcome cib
also lacking the know how on pics :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

cib

Thanks for the welcome.

Fixed the pictures

kevin19343

I've seen tree forts built by 10 year olds that looked safer than this shed.

beenthere

That shed went viral on the internet a year or two ago, and showed up here on the Forestry Forum, including the time frame video's as I recall.
Made for interesting show, and had to admire the effort this guy put into his "build". Albeit not a shining example of how to do it.  ;D

Found the story, that was posted in 2002 (12 years ago, so its been around awhile).
Seems the guy took the pics of his landlord in Canada building this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_XXh1WaG0

I won't knock him, as he made do with what he had and ended up with a "shed" (so to speak  ;D )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cib

Quote from: kevin19343 on July 15, 2014, 02:18:16 PM
I've seen tree forts built by 10 year olds that looked safer than this shed.

I've seen bad and this is the worst.

more pictures

cib

Quote from: beenthere on July 15, 2014, 02:42:24 PM
That shed went viral on the internet a year or two ago, and showed up here on the Forestry Forum, including the time frame video's as I recall.
Made for interesting show, and had to admire the effort this guy put into his "build". Albeit not a shining example of how to do it.  ;D

Found the story, that was posted in 2002 (12 years ago, so its been around awhile).
Seems the guy took the pics of his landlord in Canada building this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_XXh1WaG0

I won't knock him, as he made do with what he had and ended up with a "shed" (so to speak  ;D )

This is the worst thing I've ever seen. I've built some bad stuff when I was a teenager but I knew better than than that.

barbender

The guy might have been doing as good as he knew how. At the other end of the spectrum, I often try to make things perfect, and end up not finishing or taking forever. Sometimes my results are not much more functional than this guys, even if they are much sturdier.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!