iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Joke was on me.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 14, 2014, 09:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Milled a full day today. Had 1 pick up order for 2-4x4 post 48inches long. Man and wife on there way to Florida and needed the 4x4's for stair post.
They pull in...I grab the 2 post and he opens the back door to his van. He's an older guy so I set the post down on the ground....where do I put them in the back of the van with all this luggage???
He says take the red bag on the left and move it to the right and slide the 4x4's in the left side where the bag was. So I grab the red bag and try to stack it on top of the other "stuff". I look up and a BIG DANG GREAT DAIN is looking at me with his lip lifted growling. I froze! The old Geezer is laughing his bass off. He said she want hurt you.  :D Right! I put the 4x4's in the van, get my $$$ and wave good-bye.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sealark37

That pup hanging on to your britches would make a distinctive avatar.  Missed opportunity!  Regards, Clark

clww

:D :D :D
You probably looked funny! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sealark37 on July 14, 2014, 09:32:25 PM
That pup hanging on to your britches would make a distinctive avatar.  Missed opportunity!  Regards, Clark

:D :D :D

Red Clay Hound

Hope you had a fresh pair of britches handy!  :D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sprucebunny

Woof. ( in a very low voice)  :D

So... um.... what's in the cage ??? Don't think it belongs to the dog.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

That is a good laugh.  $300 for two measly posts.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

He probably would have sold you the pup for $300. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

reswire

Quote from: Magicman on July 15, 2014, 07:41:43 AM
That is a good laugh.  $300 for two measly posts.   :D

I've been bitten before, and didn't get a dog-gone dime.   No pun intended. ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sprucebunny on July 15, 2014, 05:51:49 AM
Woof. ( in a very low voice)  :D

So... um.... what's in the cage ??? Don't think it belongs to the dog.

They have a Yorkie that rides with them too.

Remle

Yep, you're lucky, sounds like they had the bitter safely locked up behind bars. Them little ones are the worst.. :D

captain_crunch

If you can handle Grits aint Dog big enough to worrie you :D :D :D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

SPIKER

Quote from: captain_crunch on July 21, 2014, 01:50:20 AM
If you can handle Grits aint Dog big enough to worrie you :D :D :D

lol now dats funny! :D :D ;D
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!