iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well it was fixin to be a good week....

Started by Southside, July 31, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Great weather, almost no humidity, processor ran great, in nice wood, got good loads in all week, chains stay sharp for a long time, had a load of logs on the trailer to deliver today, then one tomorrow to start next week off on the right foot, figured I would get a load of pulp into the mill Saturday morning before taking the wife out.  Sweet!!!  Go to tighten my straps on the fully loaded trailer and find a nice big crack in the frame  :o >:( >:( >:(   So, unload the trailer, drag out the grinder and welding rods and get to work, made for a great evening, it was at this time I remembered I was supposed to get more rods last time I was out, used up the last few I had right before the welder / generator ran out of gas and the can of unmixed fuel was empty.  Run out for gas and rods in the morning and get back at it, obviously it could have been worse.  Still better than sitting behind a desk. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tantoy

My personal opinion, (on my own equipment breakdowns and repairs) is that if I can fix it with some 7018 rod that is a good day.  Buying tires, hydraulic hoses, batteries, excavator final drive,insurance ect.  is what gives me the occasional question if I should get a job working for someone. Still busting butt all day and then realizing you got to go home and spend 2-3  hours repairing things hurts. That said I am just not cut out for working for someone else.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

luvmexfood

Sort of like good days and bad so so days. Had one of the best days last week. Everything just fell into place and worked good. Two days earliar put a new chain on the saw and started cutting a maple. Tree looked good from the outside. I even debated about cutting or letting it grow. It shaded a part of my skid/farm road pretty bad so I decided to cut it.

Started into it and it was hollow for about the first 4 feet. While bucking the second buck cut I made hit a sandstone rock and it did a number on the chain. Odd thing is we have almost no sandstone here. Guess there will always be days like that.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

clww

Last week was a good production week for us, too. Everything ran as it should, got a bunch of trees cut, weather and temps were great, low humidity, no bees, and nobody got injured. :) Next week is going to be a muddy mess since it's been raining since last night and is forecast to last through Monday.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!