iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new pill box or what to do with a scrap of walnut?

Started by Larry, July 14, 2014, 04:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

One or two a day, provide nearly complete protection against the dreaded armadillo blues. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D  That's pretty good Larry. I likes it!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Very nice! You drill the holes on the bridgeport?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Larry

Besides drilling all the holes, I also routed the recess in the top, and the finger groove on the side with the Bridgeport.  I've completed a couple of other wood projects on the mill with a rotary table using router bits.  It worked so well I ran dust collector pipe to it.  The mill is 3-phase and later this week I'm taking it off the rotary phase converter and installing a new VFD.  I can than safely double the spindle rpm (I think).  Should help to increase the feed speed.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

hackberry jake

Nothing like a digital readout on a bridgeport mill for precision woodworking 8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

yukon cornelius

you do fine work! id like to see your shop! I bet it would make me drool. well, more than I do on a normal day  :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

That is a very handsome piece, and should be the pride of the shooting range.    8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jemclimber

lt15

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Delawhere Jack

When I saw that it was your post, I was thinking ammo block before I even saw the second photo!  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!