iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boonville Loggers Festival (boonville, NY)

Started by m wood, July 14, 2014, 07:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

Wife and I are leaving today.  gonna take in the antique festival in Bouckville and grab a room in the area. (hope we can find one).  Tomorrow @ 1:00 we will be at the Logrite booth to meet y'all and shake hands with "the boss" ;D.  Jeff, glad to hear you'll be around :)
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Chuck White

It was really great to meet all of you guys and gals today at the LogRite booth.

Lots of stories told and enhanced friendships started!

We do plan on going to the Pig Roast next year, God willing and the St Lawrence River don't rise!

Really was a great time.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

moosehunter

Shamelessly stolen from Tammy's FB account!

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

It was really nice to meet some more FF members including Jeff and his bride Tammy. 
Also Thanks to Tamiam and Kevin for letting us hang at the Logrite tent
FWIW I'm sitting lower left in the photo

P.s the brownies were awesome!!

Best
DGDrls

John Mc

Great to finally meet some of the faces behind the names  yesterday.

When I got back to the in-laws house, I realized I blew it.  I've been saving a nice White Oak slab to make into a bench. I meant to pick up a couple of the LogRite bench stands while I was at the show.  Bummer. I doubt I'll be able to convince Kim and the kids to make a detour on our way back home to pick some.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

coxy

had a brain fart and could not remember where this was :D :D  had a wonderful time with every one on sat    thanks to logrite for making it happen and putting up with us   ;D it was great to meet jeff and tammy  and those brownies food6 food6 food6  looking forward to doing it again

Tam-i-am

Quote from: John Mc on August 17, 2014, 09:34:59 AM
Great to finally meet some of the faces behind the names  yesterday.

When I got back to the in-laws house, I realized I blew it.  I've been saving a nice White Oak slab to make into a bench. I meant to pick up a couple of the LogRite bench stands while I was at the show.  Bummer. I doubt I'll be able to convince Kim and the kids to make a detour on our way back home to pick some.

We ship ;D ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

It was great to meet everyone at the show. We got back here to Logrite central late last night after stopping at the Red Lion and having a cocktail with James Taylor ;D

m wood

Likewise Jeff.  Great to meet all you guys.  The missus now loves the logging and woodsmen shows.  Shes trying to get us to Paul Bunyan as we speak :).   ;D
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

bill m

Quote from: Jeff on August 18, 2014, 11:09:00 AM
It was great to meet everyone at the show. We got back here to Logrite central late last night after stopping at the Red Lion and having a cocktail with James Taylor ;D
You were 1 mile from my house. J.T. lives a couple of houses up from my inlaws house. They come by my sugarhouse every spring and buy syrup from me.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Jeff

I was kidding because of the previous posts. ;)

bill m

@Jeff It wouldn't surprise me if you did have a drink with J.T. He is known to stop by the Lions Den ( the bar downstairs at the Red Lion Inn ) for a drink once in a while.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

NewToSawing

I have 2 young sons that I think would enjoy lumberjack sports. They have been in the woods, around sawmills, firewood ect... Any suggestions on getting them started, who to talk to, equipment for young boys? Any suggestions would be great. We live in the Boonville area.

Jeff

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, NewToSawing.

QuoteI have 2 young sons that I think would enjoy lumberjack sports
You think, but what do they think?  Have you and them attended and watched shows, and did they express an interest?

My wife and I attended a show yesterday, LINK and the "contestants" readily talked with the audience members between events.  That would be a start.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Its coming around fast!!  August 21, 22, & 23. 2015

Any interest in trying to meet at the show again this year??

Best
DGDrls

Edit,  see calendar post above

D

dgdrls

Second times a charm.

A chance to gather with some FF members.
Any interest

DGDrls

coxy

ill be there Saturday  what time do you guys want to meet     and could we have some more of those wonderful brownies PLEASE   PRETTY PLEASE food6 food6 food6 food6 food6 food6 food6 food6 food6  ;D

Lazy logger

I know the voices in my head aren't real,but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

I'm planning to go.  My old boss is taking delivery of his new Baker 3665D there, so I wanna go see it....and tell him that when he wants to saw production to give me a call and I'll bring my rocket ship over.  :D
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!