iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pioneer

Started by Valisa, July 13, 2014, 08:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valisa

My P62 gets hot within minutes of starting it, and it's smoking like it's on fire..
What might cause this.. a mouse nest in the housing maybe?  :o

mad murdock

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. I would suspect build up between the cylinder and air shroud. If you can pull the side cover (bar), and the starter/flywheel cover, you can take an air nozzle and try to blow out that area. Is the smoke coming from one specific area on the saw?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Valisa

Got it fixed! Thanks... it was build up under the housing and around the muffler port. 8)

chester_tree _farmah

Good to hear it was nothing major. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Valisa

I'm glad it wasn't serious too.. seems like since sissy and I re-started the sawmill everything's following Murphy's law, hahaha  :))
We're trying to save a little overhead by doing our own logging and the P62 really put me in a panic with the deadlines we have to meet.

chester_tree _farmah

Nice. Who is sissy and what's the scoop on your mill?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

beenthere

Quoteseems like since sissy and I re-started the sawmill everything's following Murphy's law,

Curious too about your sawmill operation. How about an introduction to your operation.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Valisa

Well.. first .. sissy, is my sister Yvonne.
We had a sawmill in the past but her ex decided to take the money and run which caused us to close and sell everything..now we're starting a new mill buisness with an Ireland #8 headrig with hydraulic turner, the mill is complete with ireland edger, chop saw, trim saws, and roll cases. plus the guy she got it from threw the building in for free :))
thank goodness for big boyfriends with bigger trucks!!!  (winks)
We'll be sawing mostly softwood and very little hardwood, hardwoods to expensive for poor girls like us!  (laughs)
Thats about it.. for now 

mad murdock

Those old Pioneers were some good saws!  Glad it is working well. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Valisa

I agree.. their a great saw and should be kept in production.. though I do wish it didn't out-weigh me 2 to 1 :)))

chester_tree _farmah

Very nice. Glad to see u r back at it. What r u sawing for softwood. See if we can guess where u r by what it is and what you call it. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Valisa

where I come from.. your fir tree is called Brad, or pin,  it's Romanian

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Valisa

Romania where I'm from, yes.. so you want to know where I am now by me naming a tree... Hemlock :)

Valisa

chester_tree _farmah ... you and I are very close :)

chester_tree _farmah

Hmmmmm. If u r sawing balsam fir, spruce and hemlock and u know what popple and Tamarack is than we probably are. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Valisa

quaking aspen, tulip poplar, white pine, hemlock, ... all grow in new york
we saw what no one else wants!  :))

missouriboy

Post some pics of your mill and saws. I like to see how other people do it.

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: Valisa on July 15, 2014, 09:06:47 PM
quaking aspen, tulip poplar, white pine, hemlock, ... all grow in new york
we saw what no one else wants!  :))

People want it or u wouldn't be sawing it. Especially good white pine. You need to market some of that Balm of Gilead for flooring and tongue and groove to those city folks in NY. Get a niche going for yourself. ;-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Valisa

missouriboy I don't know how to load fotos yet.. still learning. :P

chester_tree _farmah we have our niche already.. 60,000 bft month to one niche and 20,000 bft to the other niche :))

Who came up with that word (niche) anyway?? sounds like some kind of bug..  :))))

David-L

what about upland meadow haying in the Carpathian mountains with a scythe. Romania looks beautiful in those upland meadows. there was an article in national geographic a while back. i will vacation there before I leave this planet I hope. any connections for a hard working farm boy.

Davidl
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

Valisa,welcome to the forum.
Here's a thread on the photos. Looks like a lot,but do it 3-4 times and it's gets easier.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Valisa

David-L  Yes .. Romania beautiful, beautiful people, .. my best advice for any ones going there is more important you learn one of the languages.
most is Romanian or Russian.. NOT Romni.. I speak Romni it the language of the traveller. sinti rom.. most call us Gypsy.cute maybe but it's consider vulgar slang there..also..it a poor area, expect a lot of begging. Is hard not to beg when you starving, :((

thecfarm Thanks for the link! I try to see if I can do it and share some fotos of our mill :)

chester_tree _farmah

Yeah niche is an odd term. Must be Romanian. Haha
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

LeeB

French, from Middle French, from nicher to nest, from Vulgar Latin *nidicare, from Latin nidus nest — more at nest
First Known Use: 1611
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

chester_tree _farmah

It does sound to fit the French language.   
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Valisa

Here - hold my beer and watch this! 8)

chester_tree _farmah

What could go wrong?  :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Valisa

I'm trying to up-load fotos of the sawmill we bought.. and still moving home.. it's 157 miles away.
still having trouble loading fotos though..

beenthere

One is loaded in your gallery.
Now only need to post it in a thread and tell what it shows.. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Valisa

I loaded four ..how it looked when we bought it.. like I said, it's still not all home.. moving the whole things been a challenge for sure! :P
now all I need to learn...is how to post them!

Valisa

Valisa

Valisa

Valisa

Valisa

We bought the entire thing building and all...tires not included :))

beenthere

Okay, good.
Now what is the plan?

You and sis going to get it up and running again?
south central Wisconsin

Valisa

Thank You Sponsors!