iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its been a long time since I been here

Started by Percy, July 12, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

WOW! Things have changed. Sorry to hear of Toms passing.

I still have the LT70(over 8000 hours) and its still buying the beans for me. My son Warren  purchased a Turbosaw about a year and a half ago and still has his Peterson as well. We leased 40 acres from the goobermint and have been building and expanding there since 2009. Warren is going hard and Im getting old...heh...I still work 5-6 days a week but try to keep it to 8 hours. The boy  is there when I arrive in the morning and and there when I leave....
Some pics of my new building etc...

Hope to come here more often....I been staying away from the computer  for recreation for quite a while now....but felt the need to brag... ;D ;D ;D

Maybe no pics...heh...lost the touch
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

slider

It's good to see you back Percy.How long has it been since you posted ? Your name jumped out like a ghost from the past.
al glenn

schakey

59 you young pup  8) You have the right to brag and we would love to see the pictures.
I'm sure the touch will come back :D
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

mesquite buckeye

Welcome back, not so OAM. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

We will be looking forward to more bragging and pictures. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mad murdock

Welcome back Percy!! Would love to hear your thoughts on the Turbosaw. Not a lot said about them. They look like a solid line of products. I in particular am quite enamored by their weekend warrior.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Percy

Quote from: mad murdock on July 12, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
Welcome back Percy!! Would love to hear your thoughts on the Turbosaw. Not a lot said about them. They look like a solid line of products. I in particular am quite enamored by their weekend warrior.
Thanks everyone for the welcome backs....My son and Jake Peterson(actually stayed at my house while up here setting up the turbosaw) have butted heads a bit over the mill. but Jake does his best to help out. THis is just my opinion but I think the concept of Jakes mills is briliant. WArrens turbo was ordered 40 feet long and that was a first for Jake. Had some issues setting it up and, again, just my opinion, the peripherals could use some tweeking but there isnt a mill in the class that we are using that can make 4x4 and 6x6 faster once the bugs got ironed out. I was tailing for warren the other day making 2x4x16 sitka spruce. 3 foot diameter log. They were comming off about 3 per miniute. The weekend warrior is a simple version of the turbo. Dealing with taper is simply a breeze with a mill like that. "Zero" in any plane is wherever you want it to be at either end of the mill,,,within reason of course. I havnt run one  but Im guessing that with larger logs and the right cut, and a strong back, heh, you could make impressive bdft/per hr considering the low power of the mill. After finishing a log, two men could pick the whole thing up and move it to the next log...then the grunt could deal with the mess/boards etc and stage the next log....IM getting carried away here :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!