iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 240 roller

Started by Woodboogah, July 11, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

Wondering if anyone has a part   number for the upright roller for a 240?  Time for a new one, winch line got caught 3 times today between the horizontal roller.  Pretty well ruined the cable and a big waste of time getting it out.  Thanks.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

lumberjack48

Maybe you just need to replace the bearings, you can get them at any parts store. If the rollers had bad groves, i used hard steel welding rod and filled the groves.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Woodboogah

The whole thing is gone. Have been needing to replace it since winter.  It wasn't high on the priority list until today.

BargeMonkey

The bearing for the rollers arent to hard to track down. Some 7018 to fill the gouges in and hard face rod to finish, and a free day you will be all set. Ive got 1 sloppy roller on mine, crossing my fingers till winter. Going to do all the arch pins and bushings, lots of fun.

tj240

check with nash equipment in nh same state may have what you want. if not try golden rule eq in pa they have a web page and are a salvage yard. grease cures many problems except tj upright rollers dont have fittings, why?
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Woodboogah

When I say it's gone, I really mean gone.  It is in the woods somewhere it's physically not on the machine.  I will give Nash a call.  They are 3.5 hrs away, and everything is a million dollars to them. 

BargeMonkey

Oh, like that kinda gone. Somewhere, there is a collection of lost chokers, grab hooks, axes & wedges... and now your roller.  8)
Give Mike Sharp a call, hes got a bunch of machines up there.  Golden rule probably has just what your looking for, they have always seemed decent. My dad did business with the Ed senior, @ Nash, but ive called a few times about parts and always struck out. Why the jack rollers dont have grease fittings I dont understand, when I do my pins this winter my rollers are coming off and getting drilled, if it moves it needs grease.

North River Energy

If you run out of 'easy' options, get me a dimensioned drawing and I might be able to build one.

Neilo

These are for a 230D or C:

Roller, 203990
Bearings, 200029
Spacers, 100016
Long pin, 203992
Spirol pins 3/8x3

Thank You Sponsors!