iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missing the cooler weather

Started by jwilly3879, July 09, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Seems like the older I get the more the heat gets to me. Here's some photos of those days.

My Grandson watching one go over

My Grandson

My usual place

The old man (me)

No sweat, no deerflies and no dust or mud.

CCC4

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Corley5

We had a few days that were warmer than I like and it made me think rather fondly of 15 degree weather and some snow  ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Southside

HA!!! Funny how July we all miss the cold and in January we all curse it.  Been up towards 100 here the past week - not fun at all. now 50 in the morning would be chilly when in January it would have been a heat wave!  Twenty minutes into the day and I have sweated through my pants, another 1/2 hour and my belt is soaked through.  Drinking 4 to 5 gallons of gatorade during the day. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

A little too warm for comfort here too, thankfully we don't get your humidity. Still, I will take +25C over -25C any day. This old bod can't take that anymore.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BargeMonkey

I want the snow and 20 degrees back. No leaves and no mud.  8)
  Ive got a woodlot at almost 3000ft on a northern facing slope ive been shut out of 2x now, about 125acres and thats the only one I wont see this winter. Racing to get the "last" drag out for the night, almost dark, 4 big maple behind me I drop off this nasty skidroad onto a an ice sheet. Never thought a 440D could ice skate so fast. The logs are still sitting there 2yrs now. My help cut the roads in with the dozer and said "dont cry, he did the best he could". You almost wanna make funeral arrangements ahead of time before dropping off the ledges.

Southside

Mud???  We got no stinking mud down this way.  Had it all winter, now its dust after the sun hits the open areas for a day or two!!!  Looking toward a field road from in the woods you know that either somebody is coming in at a good clip, or one heck of a fire is blazing!!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

treeslayer2003

southside, yea its hot brother...........wring water outta mah socks lol. we been goin home at 1.

jwilly3879

Some of the days here have been pretty bad, high 80's and 90% humidity. My socks are wet too TS, I have always been a head sweater, need windshield wipers for my glasses, I think I got it from my grandpa, he always wore a fedora that he had to wrench out as he said. 

thecfarm

I use to have wet feet. Now I wear two pair of socks. One light, one and a winter pair. Feet nice and dry. Been doing that for 30 years now. It works. No matter the temp,all summer long,2 pair.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on July 10, 2014, 09:39:49 PM
I use to have wet feet. Now I wear two pair of socks. One light, one and a winter pair. Feet nice and dry. Been doing that for 30 years now. It works. No matter the temp,all summer long,2 pair.

That's funny Ray, I've done the same thing for about the same length of time. Two pair of cotton socks in my Red Wing Irish Setters. Keeps my feet dry in the summer.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

treeslayer2003

LOL............you would try to go naked here...........like southside said, near 100 degrees and 90% humidity.

i got home at 2 today, every stitch of clothing i had on was soaked as if i'd been in the pouring rain. 15 minutes on the saw and sweating..........sweat even sitting in the shade.

Ed_K

Trouble is we keep cutting down the shade  :D  :'( .
Ed K

thecfarm

There is also a thread on cooler shirts. Those help me out a lot too. They breath and don't absorb the sweat. Even in the rain they kinda stay dry. Just about put them on right out of the washer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treeslayer2003

yer right there Ed......i been clearing a strip for irrigation, it sure is hotter than a selection where there is shade left.

thing is i want my shirt to soak when its this hot.........i tried those shirts, my sweat didn't cool me cuz the shirt stayed dry. worked to well.

clww

I'll take the cold over hot any day. We're out of work until Monday due to the huge storms we've had the past two days leaving us with way too much mud. No trucks will make it through that stuff.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Woodboogah

The last week or so been starting just after sunrise and headed home around 1.  The humidity is the killer.  Still managed a few loads  but def had to work for it
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

tj240

summer sucks, well the humidity part, plus my 240 has duetze air cooled blows all the engine heat to the cab, great machine tho. need a place 65 to 70 degrees year round no humidity with lots of wood to cut. only in my perfect world. log on fellas.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Thank You Sponsors!