iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

T/G Ceiling

Started by Jacar, July 11, 2004, 10:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacar

Here are some pictures of  my SYP T/G ceiling I am installing in our garage master bedroom conversion.  The tree was a dead 22" SYP wi alot of blue stain.  Looks pretty good.

It has been a lot more work than planned.  Routing the T/G plus the chamfor on the edges took four passes on the router.  My boards were  12 foot long so I had to build extension tables to handle the infeed and outfeed.  

Installation has been slow.  Don't if I made my T/G tolerances to tight, but it has not been easy sliding them together.

Jack Watkins

etat

NIce job, I like it!!!! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

EZ

Bleach water will take the blue stain out. Only problem is you have to let them dry in the sun. Looks good.
EZ

Ron Wenrich

When I attached my summerhouse to my house, I used T&G on all the ceilings.  I even put it in the bathroom.  

But, it was a lot easier having someone else do the T&G.  If I had to do that, I still would be working at it.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

yieldmap

How did you nail it in?  Nail in the grooves?  Nail in the flat and wood fill the holes?

Looks really nice.  That would great in my basement, but it needs to be removable (just in case...).

Ron Wenrich

I nailed on the tongue.  Goes up just like T&G flooring.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

karl

Looks good. Nice to take a project from log to finish ,Eh?

I have built three vacation homes for one client with EW pine t/g on all walls and ceilings- the last one took 28,000 bd'- glad I didn't have to do that with a router!!! By the time we were done I was thinking of drywall as a good thing ;)

Yeildmap- I have done ceilings that were removable by using suspended ceiling panel track, you can also use wood beams and set the wood paneles on top so they are removable if you have enough headroom

karl
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Jacar

I nailed into the tongue  w/ my brad nailer using a 2" 16 ga.nail.  So far it has worked good.  On the long boards I shoot two nails into the joist, and they all seem to be holding tight.  

Jacar
  8) 8)
Jack Watkins

Thank You Sponsors!