iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mrs Beaver say time to spruce up the back yard - A work in progress with PICS

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, July 07, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Well we have been in the house for over 10 years, and the original house plans called for two seperate decks on the back of the house, one off the dining room and one off the three seasons room. For one reason or another, ( primarily my auto accident about 8 years ago) the decks never got built.

Lord know Mrs. Beaver has been patient, but I decided that this was the year i would tackle that project and even more. I have both deck built and decided to tie them together with a large paver block patio with free standing fireplace. Then to top things off, I decided to kick things up a notch and add a 12 foot in diameter screened gazebo, covered grill area, built in meat smoker and sink .

Did the digging for the patio this weekend and hurt places I did not know i could hurt. I think i hand dug enough dirt to fill a tandem dump truck. Had to hand did because cable, phone and internet wires ran through excavation site and depth was unknown as to how deep they were burried.

A few patio paver to lay, 2000 to be exact.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Boy.you go from a stand still to wide open!! Sounds like a project,but will be nice when it's all done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Sounds most impressive. 8)
This is a prime example why my wife is not a member on here. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Busy Beaver Lumber

i really over did it. Got all that done in two weeks and bundled and wrapped nearly 2000 bundles of wood, but now can hardly grab a pen to write my name thanks to carpal tunnel flair up. But as they say in poker, I am pot committed at this point and need to keep going
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

justallan1

Looks like quite a project, but it'll sure be nice when completed.

Allan

drobertson

I have to say really, 10 years is not that long of a wait for this!  It just takes time to get all the logistics,  and boy does that look nice!   cant' wait to see the pavers down,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

That is looking very nice but the sight of those pavers makes my back hurt.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Busy Beaver Lumber

getting close to being done. Putting down the full pavers was easy. What took a lot of time was the 300+ cuts i had to make for the less than full pieces. Hope to be done this week and have completed pics to share. To be honest, it was more work than i anticipated and not sure I would ever do it again at my age and in my condition.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!