iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special logs

Started by gholbrook, July 06, 2014, 10:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gholbrook

I finally got to go pick up some ERC logs yesterday from the farm I bought my sawmill from. The owner of the mill had cut them down and started milling them and then found out he had cancer. He died about a year later and I was able to buy the mill from his family. Part of the deal was I could get the logs. I am planning on taking a few of the logs and making a bench out of them for his family to put at his grave.   

2010 LT 40 with homemade hydraulics and loader. 5205 John Deere with FEL. Wrangler 5000 articulating  rubber tired loader.

Small Slick

That would be a very nice thing to do.

John

dboyt

Looks like a good load of cedar, and a wonderful gesture on your part.  I'm sure the family will appreciate it.  Keep us posted on how things are going with the mill.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Magicman

Remembering the family is a wonderful expression of appreciation.  It will give them a sense of knowing that the sawmill and logs went to the proper person. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red

Often a tree is removed from the site of a fatal accident then a bench is made from the sawed wood
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Gadrock

I had not heard of making a bench from a certain tree like that, but now I think that to be a very nice thing to do.

There are so many different things one is exposed to on this forum. Thank guys for bringing up those other points of view.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

buzywoodliff

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Hope I never build one, or have one built for me.  Very thoughtful idea.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!