iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jerk

Started by trapper, July 05, 2014, 10:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Know I am leaving myself open with that title.  My wife says my body jerks when I am going to sleep.  Some kind of muscle spasm.  Very seldom do I notice it happening.  She is insisting I visit my doctor.  Keeps her awake.  Looking for ideas before I go. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

I do the same thing,so did my Father. I or she says I do it more when I am tired. I was on one of those sleep apnea machines. That did seem to help. I have changed jobs and much better now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Windy_Acres

I do it, when in bed, or knapping, been doing since I cant remember. The better half does it too. I dont have stress in my life, it just happens, I always thought it was normal.

doctorb

Forget about it.  I do it as well.*
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

trapper

It dosent bother me but interupts my wifes sleep.  dont sujest seperate beds.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

luvmexfood

Just tell her it is caused by lack of whoopie.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

firefighter ontheside

I do it too.  When we were first married my wife wanted to go to sleep with my hand on her back.  Then she found out about the jerk.  No more hand on her back.  I looked it up.  It's called a hypnic jerk and it's normal, but no one knows what causes it.  I wouldn't worry.  Go to sleep.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

Hello firefighterontheside, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  :)

Your name makes me wonder what's on the "other" side??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

Thanks magicman.  It is a statement on the fact that even though firefighter is my main job, I wish it was woodworking and other things tree.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Warbird

trapper

Quote from: luvmexfood on July 06, 2014, 10:43:38 AM
Just tell her it is caused by lack of whoopie.
I showed her that one     and the rest of the replys.  Her coment was just like a man.

Chuck White

I think the whole "jerk" issue comes from wandering thoughts or dreams as you are about to fall off to sleep!

Probably happens to most people every once in a while!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Weekend_Sawyer

I do it maybe twice a year. I will just be drifting off to sleep and dream I am falling over and when I hit the ground every muscle contracts.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on July 08, 2014, 09:02:51 AM
I do it maybe twice a year. I will just be drifting off to sleep and dream I am falling over and when I hit the ground every muscle contracts.

Often that's the way with me, or I will not have a conscious dream, I just twitch. A lot of the time it wakes me up, evidently not every time.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!