iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Urethane belts as bandsaw tires

Started by leweee, July 10, 2004, 04:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leweee

Anyone use suffolk's ureathane tires on their mills.
1. How Do You Like Them?
2.How  Do They Last Compared To V Belts?
3.Do They Shed Sawdust Like They Advertise?
4.What's The Cost Compared To V Belts?
5.What Type Of Lub. Or Coolant Do You Use?
Like Jeff says "Enquiring Minds Want To Know" ;D
Thanks Lewis :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

DR Buck

Never tried them myself, but check out 'GM MILLS' reply to the posting on .....blade manufactures claims.

QuoteI've used Suffolk wheel belts , 2 sets. They do work very well, but if you brake a blade and it stays in the wheel housing you will ruin them in 10 seconds!!! The friction of the wheel spinning against the blade body will glue the belts to the blade and ruin them. Had to cut the belts off with a knife just to get the blade out of the saw. They are not worth the money....  
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

neslrite

Hello,
  I love my urethane belts I have been running them for 2 years with no problems. GM is correct you can melt the blabe to the belt if something bad happens.
  The last set I had to replace after I cut through a 3/4 inch bolt and the  blade heated up. That set had been on for almost a year with no signs of needing to be changed.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

leweee

Thanks for the input DR_Buck & neslrite. :)
seems I'll need & extra set of  these tires if I brake a blade.
Nice to know beforehand that you will need spares.Does the Lub or coolant you use effect tire Life?
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Tobacco Plug

I have been satisfied with my Suffolk belts.  They shed the sawdust just fine.  I use water with about 1-2% Pine Sol as my lubricant.  Seems to be working fine.
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Thank You Sponsors!