iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What have I done

Started by luvmexfood, July 02, 2014, 10:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Yesterday while walking through the house barefooted I heard a pop like and thought my toes had popped or something.

Then pain in top of my left foot about two inches back from the joint of the toes when I put any weight on the front of my foot. Reckon I pulled a tendon or ligament? And if I put that foot down first when going down a step or getting out of bed then a few choice words come to mind.

Soaking in epson salts now. Got to get back up and going.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

GAB

Quote from: luvmexfood on July 02, 2014, 10:27:50 AM
Yesterday while walking through the house barefooted I heard a pop like and thought my toes had popped or something.

Then pain in top of my left foot about two inches back from the joint of the toes when I put any weight on the front of my foot. Reckon I pulled a tendon or ligament? And if I put that foot down first when going down a step or getting out of bed then a few choice words come to mind.

Please let us know what God(s) you have upset and what you did to upset them.  Gerald

Soaking in epson salts now. Got to get back up and going.
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

doctorb

Can you wiggle your toes both up and down?  If you can, does it only hurt when you put weight on it?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

luvmexfood

Quote from: doctorb on July 02, 2014, 12:36:01 PM
Can you wiggle your toes both up and down?  If you can, does it only hurt when you put weight on it?

Doc, Yes I can wiggle toes and only hurts when I put weight on it. Circulation seems good as no discoloring, no noticeable swelling, just very mild discomfort unless I put weight on it.

My regular GP retired and there was another one I used to see and he treated me when I was in hospital. He got his liscense suspended so now I have to find a new place to go. Same problem with many others so getting an appointment in town is tough.

Ljohnsaw

Ouch!  Reminds me of when I was a kid (about 12 or so).  They had last call at the local pool.  I ran down the diving board to jump off (it was raining) and I slipped.  Wacked the arch of my foot on the end of the board as I bounced.  It hurt and by the time I swam to the edge and got out, I had a golf ball sized lump on the top of my foot.  Man, did that hurt.  Next day it was gone.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

doctorb

Are you a diabetic.  Do you have normal sensation in your food or do you have neuropathy?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

luvmexfood

Nope. Just that pop and then ole poop.

doctorb

Stress fracture or ligament injury possible.  Tendon injury less likely.

luvmexfood

Thanks Doc. To quote a line from one of my old favorite movies. The Man From Snowy River. You got a place by my campfire anytime.

luvmexfood

Foot felt a little bit better yesterday. The day before I soaked several times in Epson Salt. Piddled around yesterday just normal stuff. Bothered me some last night and had swelled somemore. Tried to cut some trees today but couldn't do to well on the side of a hill so quit. Soaking again today and some ice then see what tommorow brings.

Chuck White

It'll be a slow healing process, don't rush it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ET

I had a similar injury to my R foot maybe 10 years ago. I was walking in the woods with tennis shoes and stepped onto a small rock and "pop", sounded loud just like a 22 short. Instant pain, could not walk, went to ER, took x-rays and revealed a large bony object and broken away. I went to a ortho doc who said it was a calcium deposit that had broken off, he said nothing to do but in time the calcium will be reabsorbed by my body. It took about 2 weeks for pain to go away but it did.  The pop sound you heard sounds just what I experienced. Good luck
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Compensation

Wish I would have read this sooner. It happened to my girlfriend a month ago. Between extra weight and no arch support is what made her have the same issue.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

luvmexfood

@Compensation Mine is about 95% better. Never did go to the doctor. All I read said that it was a stress fracture and it would take time. Thought about what would cause it and when I get off the tractor which is a big step I would usually get off the left side and all my weight, including extra weight, would land on the left foot. Had logged that morning and I think that it was just the accumulation of all that landing on one foot that it just decided to pop.

Compensation

Well I am happy its better for you. Without your feet, its hard to get things done.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Thank You Sponsors!