iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I did it.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 01, 2014, 12:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Since I've had my Woodmizer, I have sawn practically 6 days a week sometimes only 5 full days. I've always had at least 2 orders to saw in my book and as many as 6 or 7 jobs for each week. Most of the time, I would actually saw around 5 hours and the other 3 or so hours was stacking or moving logs on the backhoe or a quick lunch.

But this year.....I told customers I was closed the week of the forth. I have helped my Dad on the farm with produce, played golf with my friends, helped my son with his Rabbit boxes and watched family movies with my wife and son. I've fixed supper for us using my grill and actually spent some time throwing the ball for our dog to chase.

I didn't make any money this week from my mill but I did accomplish  a lot more in one week than I did in the last 51 and the week isn't over yet.

Just something I wanted to share.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tom L

sounds good, vacations are priceless

Peter Drouin

A day off, What's that?  :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

red oaks lumber

days off happen to other people :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dave Shepard

My parents took time off from the farm once. In 1979.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had a feeling RO and Peter would chime in.  :D :D :D :D

Y'all hold it down....we're gonna watch the Soccer match in a little while.  ;D

thecfarm

Family time is even better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I scheduled last week for sawmill service and this week for Pat and me.  Cabin, here we come.   :)

Next week is coming soon enough and there is plenty stacked up to do.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPIKER

when the job I was doing went away I went back to school.   Been taking a class or two is all and in no hurry to go back to work.   I figured I worked 1 to 3 jobs at a time since I was single digit age, bout time I say enjoy myself some.   Time gets a bit boring if ya run low of cash but heck with it enjoy just the same!. 8)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

red oaks lumber

on my head stone it will read... i wish i worked more :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

clww

We'll be taking Friday through Sunday off. "Arthur" may be stopping by late Sunday. :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

reswire

Work will always be there,,, family may not.   I try to spend time with my wife, children, and parents whenever possible.  Call me lazy if you want.  I'm not afraid of a day's work at all.  Sometimes, I lay right down beside it! ;D ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Peter Drouin

Quote from: reswire on July 01, 2014, 10:19:21 PM
Work will always be there,,, family may not.   I try to spend time with my wife, children, and parents whenever possible.  Call me lazy if you want.  I'm not afraid of a day's work at all.  Sometimes, I lay right down beside it! ;D ;D

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WmFritz

Good for you David!
What good is all that slab money if you don't take some fun time and enjoy it?  :D

Glad to hear you got took some extra quality time with the Family, especially your Dad. I know he probably enjoyed it as much as you.

Just don't post anymore of them pictures of you and your golf buds in your DanG skirts!  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandhills

Glad to hear it David, you had me a little worried when I first read the subject title  ;).  I took last Sunday off for the kid's horse show, exhausting by the end of it but fun just the same, depending on the weather I just may take a night to spend with the wife and her family at the lake this weekend and try to forget about life for at least a little while!

WmFritz

Quote from: sandhills on July 02, 2014, 12:28:38 AM
you had me a little worried when I first read the subject title  ;). 

Sandhills, the title threw me off too.
I expected to see that Poston dug up a mason jar in the back yard and sprung for a new Chevy Tahoe!  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Cedarman

I thought family time was when the wife and kids helped at the mill.  Now that is quality time!!!
I tend to take time off in chunks.
Off in a week and 1/2 for 7 days at a caving convention in Huntsville Al. Always see lots of friends and learn a bunch.
Most likely be at pig roast, with finger on trigger to go, but havn't pulled it yet.
Last 2 weeks of Sept and 1st week of Oct will be in Utah 4-wheeling with some of the kids and several friends. Work is not discussed during this time at all.
But otherwise, I am happy working 7 days a week except Sunday morning.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Our plans are to be in the PNW beginning mid-September.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 06, 2014, 04:49:34 PM
Our plans are to be in the PNW beginning mid-September.   8)

Every time you leave, I get a few more of your customers.  ;D

Magicman

Then maybe I can soon retire and only sell slabs.  No work, just $300 a pop.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 06, 2014, 07:57:43 PM
Then maybe I can soon retire and only sell slabs.  No work, just $300 a pop.

You're a true Entreemanure.  :D

Magicman

I thought that there was something stinky fishy about the slab trade.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!