iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodworker in Training!!

Started by Andy White, June 29, 2014, 07:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Yesterday really turned out to be a great day in the shop! I got to spend the day showing Nancy how to make a "project". I don't know where she gets the ideas for them, but they are really neat. After finding some Cedar fence cutoffs, she wanted them "hooked together". Without asking, I got the plate jointer and biscuits out. She proceeded to get in my way, so I let her do it! After showing her how to set depth and size, she took off.

After gluing and clamping, she dug out some scraps from her pantry cabinet build, saying "I can make a sign with these!!" After picking out a profile bit for the router table, it was training time again! She catches on to the mechanics of it really well, but needed help "bolting the bit on??" After the first one, she picked another profile and was able to do the whole setup herself.

Now the glue is dry, it's time to finish the first project. Drill and vix bit, and she was in business!

Very good time, and now she is looking at all kinds of NEW TOOLS for the shop! I can't loose!  8) 8) 8)     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

samandothers

Great Student with great ideas and a great teacher!  What a combo!   smiley_thumbsup

Bill Gaiche

Good job Nancy. Andy if your not careful you may have to build a bigger shop for all of Nancy's new shop tools. bg

clww

I really like that "star hangers". I can build lots of stuff, but I have a difficult time coming up with my own ideas. I'm constantly seeing things, and saying to myself, "Why didn't I think of that?". :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Yoopersaw

Nice job.  I'd add safety glasses to the list.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good job Mrs. Nancy! I like it.....really neat job.

And remember Andy......

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

Great job. Nothing like some company in the shop for a second opinion.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

creative , productive, and useful ! Good deal Nancy !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

thecfarm

I need to get my wife to build her own stuff too. Yea,right.  ::)  She just asked for some soap molds.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup  Good job Nancy.  :)  I have a woodworking sister that several FF members know over on a woodworking forum.  Da ladies can be very innovative and creative.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lud

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

goose63

Andy build a shop for Nancy then let her have at it :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

dablack

Way to go Nancy! 

Andy, I see the student becoming the teacher if you don't stay sharp!
Building my own house in East TX

Martha White Nelson

Nancy, that's so cute!!!  I want one!!
Martha

Thank You Sponsors!