iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna HUV repair question

Started by Farmer Jim, June 28, 2014, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Jim

Hello, my woods/farm work buggy, a Husqvarna gas powered (14 HP Briggs)HUV has what sounds to be sticks or woods debris behind the flywheel. We have it dismantled to the point where a puller is needed to get the cast finned piece (like that nomenclature?), that the flywheel is hooked to, off the keyed shaft to see what is behind keeping the batt. from charging and the starter from spinning the engine.  There are 2 bolt holes in the cast finned piece but I don't have a puller like that. I tried to rig a 2 jawed puller to pull on 2 bolts screwed in the cast piece, but that didn't work.  Could someone point me toward what we need for a puller to get this thing apart? Thank you.  Jim
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

sandhills

Just guessing, but say the 2 holes in the flywheel are 3/8, I'd make a puller using 2 pieces of flat iron with a 3/8 nut welded in the center for the bolt to screw into that will actually do the pulling. Run the bolts through the 2 flat irons into the flywheel at the ends of the puller, if that makes any sense at all.  I don't know what size holes are in the fly wheel so adjust accordingly  ;D.

Brian_Rhoad

Farmer Jim

Thanks, I actually think there may be a puller like that somewhere around here that somebody before me had. It sure looks familiar. Thank you both again.
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

thecfarm

I also wonder about google and youtube. Just might have to use the right words to get it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Farmer Jim

There was in fact a puller of the type pictured in one of the old toolboxes I seldom use. That is the good news. The bad news is it wasn't a stick. There is a chunk broken out of the magnet that runs around the interior of the flywheel assembly and the copper coil(?) is mangled because of that. I found a small worn nut floating loose in there that doesn't belong. Haven't figured out what it was supposed to be attached to. I now know why it wasn't charging   :-\  Now I am steeling myself to research the cost of the replacement parts.

Thank You Sponsors!