iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logs, logs everywhere!

Started by Tom, July 09, 2004, 08:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Brad called me to saw his logs.  "I've got a couple of days worth I want to saw to build my barn", he said.

I got there this morning and the rascall has piles of logs everywhere.  He has made deals with every tree surgeon in the county, I think.   There are about 6 guys envolved in this job. Each of them has a sawbill for his part of the logs.  

"We're going to saw till the money runs out", I was told.

;D ;D ;D ;D 8) :)

Bibbyman

Looks like you got some young heathy help.  That's hard to find around here.

LOGS!!  We're getting cover up with'em - getting in an average of one trailer truck load of walnut and cherry a day.  Mary's getting though about one trailer truck load a week - plus keeping up with our other lumber orders and sawing.  It's been sunup to sundown.  Come on rain!

Anyone know how to convert to Morman?  I about need to take on a couple more wives. ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

iain

you mean you want to be aloud to move slabs clean up etc for two or three more me thinks you need to switch to trousers in your house :D

Tom

I hit the logs heavy this morning.  Sawdust was flying.  Boards were being stacked in the barn and I was really putting a hole in the stack of logs closest to me.  

I was feeling real proud of myself when I looked up to see a big tree service truck pull into the yard and ease over to the mill. It was full of Aromatic Cedar logs.  The passenger of the truck jumped out onto the running board and climbed up over the cab to operate the loader mounted there.   He neatly stacked about 20 stems alongside of the fence and then the truck left.  They want the cedar sawed tomorrow.  There's not enough time inthe day. :D  One step forward....two back. :D

Bibbyman

Mary and I made a pretty good hole in the cherry log pile before heat and exaustion set in.  We got close to 1,500 bf of 4/4 sawn before 3:00am.  (Mary also made a grocery run right after lunch.)  

I like sawing cherry.  Lots better to handle than walnut and the bark ain't as thick.  

And,  wouldn't you know - both sons show up just as we were ready to quit.  Not that they would have jumped in to help anyway. >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ron Wenrich

1500 bf before 3:00 am?  Are you running 2 shifts or are you trying to beat the heat?   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!