iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mongolian BBQ

Started by Ianab, June 28, 2014, 12:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Went out to dinner last night for Lil and my Bdays. We seldom dine out, well not evenings without the ankle biters, but it's a birthday treat (Dinner and movie)

Couldn't decide where to go, so cruised the main street in New Plymouth and decided on  http://www.gengys.co.nz/

Mongolian BBQ buffet.

Most excellent  8)

The buffet bar is filled with the raw ingredients, meat, seafood, veges, and oils, sauces and spices. You grab a bowl, and fill it up with what you want, and the seasoning you want, and end up at the cooking plate. Big steel plate with 4 guys around it. They dump your food on the plate and cook it in a couple of minutes, flick whatever you have created onto a plate and hand it back  :)

Don't like the dish, well it's your own fault, but you can go back and try again.

Repeat until you are stuffed. 

Then you can get pancakes for desert.   :D

And if you want to take a pic of the food cooking they throw some more oil/ water mix on the hot plate for effect  :D

Then after that we caught a movie. Lucky it was Tranformers, which is 90 minutes of 3D explosions, so I didn't go to sleep   :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

We really enjoy ethnic food but have to be careful, some of it can be pretty spicy. I have had Mongolian soup, I think they call it hot pot. WOOF :o That had a bite.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

I've ate at one of those once, I really liked it but first time through kinda caught me by surprise, one cook, and man could he cook stuff up.  His cooker was circular and rotated.

Den Socling

Reminds me of an open air cafe we ate at in Auckland. I ordered a beef dish. I got cubes of raw beef on a hot plate with an extremely hot rock in the center. Cook the beef the way you like it. No complaining that it is over or under cooked.  :D

Ianab

Quote from: sawguy21 on June 28, 2014, 12:41:23 PM
We really enjoy ethnic food but have to be careful, some of it can be pretty spicy. I have had Mongolian soup, I think they call it hot pot. WOOF :o That had a bite.

That was the cool thing about this place. YOU choose ALL the ingredients. If you want it spicy, pour on the chilli oil/sauce. If you don't want spicy, skip that and just add some olive oil.

All the cooks did was cook the food, they didn't add anything extra to the dish.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

luvmexfood

I like to try different stuff like that. Can pretty much look at the content and/or a recipe and tell if I would like it or not.

My 16 year old daughter and I went to a Mexican Restaurant yesterday that we had never been to before.

When they brought out the chips they brought out a brown looking dip instead of Salsa. Then I noticed a Salsa stand in the corner of the restaurant. The brown looking did seemed to be about 2/3rds refried beans and 1/3 of that cheese dip. Not bad. Glad I got to try but love good Salsa.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Skidder Kev

We had a mongolian grill near us in Cambridge. It was pretty fun place to go to and the food was good. (you only had yourself to blame if u didn't like it.).   To bad the place closed down a few yrs ago. 
Kev

goose63

There is a Mongolian grill in Fargo I go there chance I get
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!