iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need info on fire wood processor

Started by cherish, June 27, 2014, 09:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cherish

any body know anything about logzilla firewood processors or what is the best  for the money to get
1997 dodge 1ton     14ft pj dump trailer   2012 cat 259b 3 skid loader  2012 299c skid steer, log master saw mill lm4, dyna sc16 firewood processor, cat 518 grapple skidder

cherish

or can anyone offer a good web site to find one for sale used i just cant seem to find many to choose from. and i guess a little more info wouldnt hurt huh needs to handle at least 20 in diameter. length is not big deal and would like to see 3 or so cors per hour with a budget around 44000 with shipping to central new mexico
1997 dodge 1ton     14ft pj dump trailer   2012 cat 259b 3 skid loader  2012 299c skid steer, log master saw mill lm4, dyna sc16 firewood processor, cat 518 grapple skidder

glassman_48

cherish,
I can give you the names of the manufacturers, I dont have all their websites, in the midwest twister and dyna and one of the guys in here likes blockbuster.  www.twister_industries.com cord king in canada is very popular too.  If you google firewood processors it will take you to a lot of the different brands out there.  If I find a good used machine in your price range, I will contact you,,,,,,good luck, ed

glassman_48

cherish,
crd metalworks is the other one I could not remember, they are in the eastern united states.  I think your biggest problem might be the 20" diameter.  My twister will take 16" diameter and will do 2 pulp cords per hour.  Another company is multitek, they are located in wisconsin and have a circular blade that goes up and down that might be in your price range. 

North River Energy

That capacity on that budget suggests a well-used Multitek or Cord King.  Some of the manufacturers offer traded units and/or refurbs as well.
A quick web search under 'used firewood processor' should turn up a few options.

redprospector

Cherish,
Where are you at in Ruidoso? I might look you up next time I'm up there.
I've got a Chomper Simplex 14 with the automatic feature added on, but it won't do 20" or 3 cords per hour. When I got mine, I figured anything over 14" was a saw log anyway.  ;)

Good to see someone else from Southern New Mexico on here.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

glassman_48

cherish,
cord king does have a machine that does 20" logs, its their model 20-30 their base price is around 40 grand.  Supposed to do 3 pulp cords per hour too.   good luck,,,,,,,,,,ed

cherish

my name  is actually don swanner i live in loma grande out by nogal. 575 937 3255. i have a tree servive here. my dad owns the sawmill.   but yes you do have a point on 14 in and up saw logs but we are dealing with these bark beetle kill. and a lot of the wood is too far gone for milling and only good for firewood.   and i read a review some where that the chomper is a really good splitter on green wood. but sometimes gets binded up on dry wood. and about 85 percent of my logs are dry. not only that but bigger than 14.

leonz

After you chat with red prospector go to www.chomper.net
and look at their operating video.

I dont know where youy heard that but the splitting head design is
such that it will never clog with crap or on dry wood-it cannot clog!!!

Download their owners list from 2010 and the DOE paper on firewood drying.

Then look at the super sixteen unit that they offer and go from there.

Sales of these machines and their conveyors are direct from the manufacturer only.

Red prospector can help you with your decision as he is very happy with his
unit.

He up graded his engine and upgraded the carburator for high altitude operation
from what I remember.

The Chomper uses basic hydraulics the do all the work eliminating the need for
a log deck and cut off saw and can process a soft wood or hard wood log as small
as 8 foot long.

Leon 

glassman_48

leonz,
I looked at chomper a few years ago, and I remember hearing the same thing about the drier wood not working as well as the green stuff.  I would wonder if chomper could do a video showing some of the drier wood going through a machine, I bet it would help their sales,,,,,just my thoughts,,,,,,,,,ed

Thank You Sponsors!