iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

460rancher

Started by Perry Rod, June 27, 2014, 08:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry Rod

Can I put an 0.63 gauge bar on and if so do I need to change anything?? Apparently all the new 460's leak the bar oil how can I fix this?? Thanks for any advice.

webgal

Good Morning,
  Yes, you can put a .063 bar on your Husqvarna 460, no sprocket change necessary. The next question is, will you be able to find a straight up fit without any grinding or modification on that bar? If you simply want a heavier gauge then .058 will be a better option. If it has to be .063 or nothing, then you have a challenge on your hands. I'm not saying it isn't out there, but it will be hard to come by, unless a buddy of a buddy has one.
Gotta know when to fell em, know when to tell em, know when to walk away, know when to run....

SawTroll

Like webgal said, for all practical purposes you can forget finding a .063 bar that fits that saw.
My recommendation also is .058.
Information collector.

CTYank

With my 455r, to control oil leaks, I learned to run it dry of oil  before wrapping up. Just the way it is.

Some saws will NOT leak a drop (RedMax GZ4000, Dolmar PS-6100) and some ('95 Poulan 2400) will piddle oil until oil tank pressure, fed via crankcase via check valve, goes away. Lots are in-between.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

SawTroll

At least some alledged oil leaks just is surplus oil that runs down from the tail end of the bar and and the bar mount area after use. Nothing to do about that, except cleaning the saw in that area of course.

If there is an actual leak, letting any pressure that develops in the oil tank when it is cooling down after use out will help in some "mild" cases, but hardly if it is really bad.
Information collector.

Spike60

Just because one saw leaks oil, it hardly means that they all do. A statement like "apprently all the new 460's leak bar oil" is, I'm afraid, more than a little ignorant. This rancher chassis has been out for about 10 years now. I have seen the occasional leaker, but "all"? Come on.  ???
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Oliver1655

Another consideration is on some saws you can't top them off before putting them away or the oil will leak out of the vent such as the 338xpt/CS2139T when the ambient temperature increases.  In the past I always topped off the fuel & oil before putting my saws away so they will be ready to use.  I still forget sometimes & grab the 338xpt or the CS2139T to find an oil slick underneath.  Yep I had filled topped off the saw before putting it away.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

Thank You Sponsors!