iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone know where I can get a set of these still???

Started by sigidi, June 26, 2014, 04:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

I've borrowed this set, but would really love to get some of our own. If any of you gents have some leads would be great, thanks.
Always willing to help - Allan

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

sigidi

Yup, tool for setting the teeth on large circle saw blades. Can find a heap for setting handsaw teeth, but need one like those, about 12" long and used on blades 50-60" diameter

dgdrls

Handy little item.

Glad to see you gents are doing well.

Best
DGDrls

sigidi

Turns out that is what is known as #79 Eclipse saw setting pliers...made to set the teeth on circular saws. Currently we have borrowed a pair - rare as rocking horse.....you get the idea, but the chap we borrowed them off (old school saw doctor guy we have been lucky to find) said guard them with your life!!!

I think I may have found a pair, still in their original box, have had to go to the UK to find them, but with hope they will be winging their way to us very soon.....

Thanks everyone for the help, amazed how quick you lads went in to bat for me, I was hoping I might get some leads on here, but was amazed how fast y'all where  ;) love this place!!!

sigidi

Got email notification, our saw setting pliers have been posted with Royal Mail UK and are on their way to us....fingers crossed I'm getting the pliers and not just the empty box  ;D ;D ;D

thecfarm

Take a picture. Box and all. Looks like you got lucky.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sigidi

JSNH

I would like a few photos posted of it in use and some text on getting the set right.

sigidi

Next time I have the blade out, I'll see if I can get some pics - we've borrowed a set of pliers for the time being, might be a bit slow - Carls has given himself an ooopsy.    Could be a while before the blade needs a touch up

sigidi

Something arrived.....

Sorry about the bad pic quality it was a bit late when I managed to get down to the Post Office.

AND....it wasn't just a box....

I didn't have much on hand to show the size of them, so threw a pen in there so you could get an idea of how long they are...So pleased it turned out to be the right ones, thanks for all your help gentlemen

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Even I think it looks good and I have no idea how to use it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!