iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 15 track wiper pad replacements???

Started by willmyers0169, June 25, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willmyers0169

what are you guys using as a replacement and where is a good place to find them.  i have already lost the two pads that were on the non operator side.
Machinist, WM LT15 230 JD skidsteer 2010 JD 2955 JD Jonsered chainsaw

Magicman

I have no experience with an LT15, but I get my LT40 replacement wiper pads from WM.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

willmyers0169

Quote from: Magicman on June 25, 2014, 08:27:41 PM
I have no experience with an LT15, but I get my LT40 replacement wiper pads from WM.

MM do you have to call them to order it i couldnt find it on their website

Magicman

Give them a call.  I like to "need" several items before I order to save on shipping.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

willmyers0169

gfadvm

I folded a green Scotch pad and attached them with pop rivets. Seem to work well as they will hold quite a bit of ATF.

JB Griffin

I wouldn't use a scotch brite pad as it has abrasive embedded in the pad and would wear the track over time.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

booman

Look at the wiper pads for the latest model LT15.  They are more substantial and won't get bent.  Should bolt onto any model LT15.
2019 LT15G25WIDE, 2013 LT35HDG25, Stihl MS880 with 59" bar with Alaskan sawmill attachment.  John Deere 5045 tractor with forks, bucket and grapple.  Many chainsaws.

gfadvm

JB, I had that same concern re: abrasiveness but they have not shown any signs of even scuffing the paint. Probably because there isn't any significant downward pressure on them.

Philngruvy

I use felt strips which are sold for weatherstripping doors and windows.  Attach with a good double sided tape. Make sure the metal bracket is very clean before putting the tape on.  It has been a year since I tried this and it is still working well.
LT 15 18G
Bobcat 751

MartyParsons

The new design will fit all the LT15 mills. But not the wide head which has a middle track oilier.
The part # for both front and back, ( so you would need one kit to replace both sides.) 074251 and the cost for the kit is $ 9.95. Comes with new bolt, felts and brackets
The felt part # is 074270 for $ 2.95 ech.

It looks simple and I am pretty sure they will work much better. 

Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!