iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pay Back

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 24, 2014, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We have a friend who I sawed lumber for. He lives 3 miles down the road and we have done things for each other time and time again. I sawed some lumber for him LAST YEAR and charged him as if the logs were his. He said he'd get up with me.  ::)
Well, he did......He came and plowed and planted Millet on the farm today in my Dove fields.

8) What a trade!

He brought his restored 1974 Ford 9600 with original air conditioner that works! He plowed first and then went back home and brought the old Massey and JD planter. I was rolling!!!! Thanks Dewitt!

Before:

After:

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

Looks like the A/C works good on the old Massey too.  :D

Cant beat good neighbors!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

reswire

My kind of farmer.  I bet all his stuff is paid for and ready to work!! ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Magicman

Sounds like a fair trade, and nice old Ford.  :) 

I'll bet that he hunts doves too.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I was in PA one year. Long line at one counter in a store,guys with hunting gear on. I asked what was going on. Dove season. We have them here,but must not be the same kind,I don't know of anyone that hunts them things.
That was a good pay back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red oaks lumber

is that the color of your soil?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

jcbrotz

did he plow first or just disc? Darn fine trade. 8)
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on June 25, 2014, 06:55:33 PM
is that the color of your soil?

Thats the color in that particular area. That soil you see is not good for produce growing.......so we use it for basically a food plot for wildlife. We have a lot of Red Clay Hound in our area and it runs in streaks close to the good top soil.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: jcbrotz on June 25, 2014, 07:10:39 PM
did he plow first or just disc? Darn fine trade. 8)

Actually it was a BIG disc.

curdog

When I was in college I volunteered to help a guy with scdnr burn some dove fields not far from rock hill, think it was in brattonsville. The birds started dropping in before the smoke really cleared. I'm going to plant a field next year, it's always good times on opening day just cooking, shooting and hanging out with friends.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: curdog on June 25, 2014, 10:09:50 PM
When I was in college I volunteered to help a guy with scdnr burn some dove fields not far from rock hill, think it was in brattonsville. The birds started dropping in before the smoke really cleared. I'm going to plant a field next year, it's always good times on opening day just cooking, shooting and hanging out with friends.

Curdog, it could have been Johnny Stowe with DNR. We do a lot of burning for them.

curdog

No I just met Johnny a couple of months ago at a seminar he gave at wofford, but I can't remember the guys name. He was a technician down there. He might not even be there anymore, it's been @ least 10 years ago. Oh well. Hope the skies turn gray for ya come September.

Curdog, it could have been Johnny Stowe with DNR. We do a lot of burning for them.
[/quote]

pineywoods

Myself and one neighbor play the payback game a good bit. Last year, when I started splitting firewood, he showed up with his splitter. This year, he added a new twist.. showed up with his splitter, a tractor with fel bucket, and a hired hand...The one up on you game continues..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

And the "bestest" part is that he is still your neighbor and your friend.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

luvmexfood

That's the way it should be. Something I can do that you can't or special equipment. I help you and when the shoe is on the other foot then you help me. Luckily I have a few neighbors that believe the same.

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

easymoney

i have a neighbor that is a transplant from the north. he will not let you do anything for him without him paying you something. he might come over and need to borrow a ladder or something he insists on paying something for the loan. he does not understand the concept of helping friends and neighbors without paying something.

Dave Shepard

Maybe he doesn't want to be obligated to help you shovel out your chicken coop. :D Some people just like to have clean deals.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

yukon cornelius

easymoney, that's the way i am. i wont let anyone help me do anything. i don't borrow unless its life or death. i will help anyone else all week long. i do things different than most, usually the hard way, but its my way.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Dad always says that sometimes it good to let someone do you a favor,,,,for free. Some folks need to do a good deed as part of there life fulfillment. Nothing wrong with that....it makes me feel good to help someone if I can.

But it is also a double edge sword. I have seen some people do a favor for another and they NEVER let them forget it by always bringing it up to their face and in public.

Y'all know people like that too I'm sure. I'd like to choke them!  :D

Thank You Sponsors!