iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The InShinnerator

Started by shinnlinger, June 24, 2014, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Hello,

Some folks wanted to see more shots of my InShinnerator wheeled incinerator.  It's a Shinnvention that actually works!  I find it very handy to get a fire going and wheel it around and keep feeding it storm cleanup or junk wood.  If I am sawing at the mill I just keep throwing hunks and slabs in it and it makes them go away.  I plan to add some pipes for a floor and air injection along with a lip to catch embers under the door, but it works so DanG well now I just haven't got around to it. I believe since it is a sealed unit with a screen on top it doesn't need a permit but that idea has yet to be tested.

It doesn't make a lot of ash

and once it gets going, it doesn't really smoke

Look ma, no smoke!

my neighbor brought his plasma cutter by and you can see we ran diesel exhaust in it for a while before cutting
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

thecfarm

As I said before I love that thing. Kinda looks like a Mad Maxx thing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on June 24, 2014, 09:38:56 PM
Kinda looks like a Mad Maxx thing.  ;D

That's a good description.  :D :D

I think it needs more Rube Goldberg type add-ons.
Maybe a spit loaded with chicken's that's driven by the wheels, as you drag it around the yard.  ;D

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

r.man

Knew a fellow that had a big one like that on wheels, he burned the leaves on a big resort property instead of hauling them away. Loaned it to a neighbour one day and it came off the hitch and ended up in a deep ditch. Don't know if it was restored or written off  but I remember he really liked how it worked.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

red oaks lumber

how fast were you going in the micro bus to land on the roof? :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

shinnlinger

The bus was more of a "parking problem". 

I have a longer tank and considered it but how long of a stick can you easily end load into a hot fire?    I either set one end in and let it burn thru or chainsaw it off and throw the other end in. 

If your sole intention was to burn slabs all day in it, it would be a long day as it fills up quickly, but it also burns down quickly into a hot bed of coals.    I like to use it while I am doing something else so I can load it and leave it for a bit and then come back and load it again.   In the spring I will drag it around the property and throw junk in it and burn while I go.   No scorch marks.   Offcuts and slabs while I am milling is perfect.   It has completly burnt stumps I squeezed in the door.  When I am done I just close it up and it they burn down to almost nothing overnight.   
Shinnlinger

thecfarm

In that first picture looks like a long driveway?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MikeON

Thanks for the details of the InShinnerator.  In the first picture, a screen is shown leaning against the door - what is it used for?
Thanks again.
Woodmizer LT40HD Super.  WM Single Blade Edger,  John Deere 4310 tractor, M35A2C Deuce and a Half truck

sandhills

I had one of those old tanks I was going to cut in half length wise add about a 12" piece of flat iron all the way around and make a smoker out of.  But unfortunately it got turned into feedwagon repairs first  :D.  I like yours though.

shinnlinger

The screen is so I can leave the door open while unattended.   
Shinnlinger

DeerMeadowFarm

Thanks for the additional pictures and description. I really like the idea and plan to make one myself.

shinnlinger

Todays inShinnerator action...

Shinnlinger

yukon cornelius

I recently obtained a stove just like that and an axle. I set out looking for it after seeing yours. I hate having brush piles everywhere. I also hate scorch marks all over. also my woods are too thick to just burn wherever without killing trees. an one more thing my chipper is to small to efficiently chip the limbs. so after saying all that, I love the idea and im glad you posted it. thanks!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

shinnlinger

Frost warning tonight.   Might just wheel it down to the garden.   
Shinnlinger

timberlinetree

That's really cool( or a really hot item)! Nice job!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

DeerMeadowFarm

Just an update: I've been slowly working on one of these myself at my FIL's house. It's done and I just need to trailer it home. Pictures to follow if I can remember how to post them here...
My wife went to her parent's house last weekend for something and when she returned she said to me "Please tell me that thing near dad's shop is something you are planning to bring home..." so regardless if it works good or not, I managed to push my wife's buttons! ;)

Dave Shepard

You need to put a water jacket on that and heat the house! :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DeerMeadowFarm

Well, I finally got my incinerator home! We built this last winter at my FIL's and next thing we knew it was buried in snow! I burned brush in this all weekend and it was extremely windy. What a great way to get the brush burned on a weekend that would not waork for open burning. I'd load it up until it couldn't quite keep up and then I'd do some other chore, go back to it and fill it again. If I had nothing else to do, I could have stayed there and fed it all day. Great idea @shinnlinger!
At my FIL's before loading her up:

In action:

Thank You Sponsors!