iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On the Road, Again

Started by PC-Urban-Sawyer, June 23, 2014, 10:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PC-Urban-Sawyer

My wife, Carol, and I are getting ready to hit the road again.

We will be leaving Saturday morning (June 28, 2014) on our way to St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. We have to drive a little over 2,200 miles to reach the ferry point in North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. The ferry departs at 5 PM on July 2, 2014 and takes all night to complete the crossing, pulling in to port in Argentia (NOT ARGENTINA), Newfoundland about 9 AM the next morning. Then just another 80 miles to our ultimate destination.

We're going up to visit Carol's family who live in the St. John's area. We'll stay about three weeks, returning in late July.

I'll try to keep this updated as we travel.

Herb

Chuck White

Sounds like a real nice trip, Herb.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Sounds like a great trip and lots of fun be sure to post pictures  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

We really enjoyed traveling in N.S. and Newfoundland.  Enjoy.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Going out Rt9 through Maine to get to Canada, correct?  If so, you, quite literally, will be driving right past our house.  You're both welcome to make a pit-stop if you'd like. :)  (or maybe you're taking the ferry out of Portland?)  That sounds like a great trip!  And happy birthday, btw! ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

PC-Urban-Sawyer

JohnM,

Yes, we'll be on Rt 9. I'm not sure how we will be for time that day but it would be good to stop in for a short visit...

I'll PM you when we're a little closer and maybe we can work it out.

Herb

thecfarm

John can be the Maine Foresty Forum Ambassador.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Happy Birthday!

Don't try to smuggle any grits into Maine.  I hear that it could result in jail time  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on June 25, 2014, 08:22:31 PM
Happy Birthday!

Don't try to smuggle any grits into Maine.  I hear that it could result in jail time  ;D.

Well, I did consider detouring by to see Ray and make a small delivery... But my GPS says I can't get there from here...

Herb

thecfarm

It's a secret. I live so far out,sunlight has to be pumped in. I'll send you directions.   :)  Than I'll send you on to see John.

JohnM

Quote from: thecfarm on June 25, 2014, 06:24:19 PM
John can be the Maine Foresty Forum Ambassador.  :)
Nothing like that, it's just that when ppl make the mistake err...mention they are coming through I just throw up my gill net across the road. ;D  You know you are welcome anytime, Ray! :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

I know that I am welcome anytime. As you are welcome to come to Chesterville too. And any other member is invited to see my Little World too. The only thing that I am close to is the WM sales place.  ;D That is on the other side of town,10 minutes away.

Thank You Sponsors!