iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Shoddy Journalism

Started by Claybraker, June 23, 2014, 06:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claybraker

Thought some of ya'll might find this interesting. I hesitated to post it, as the writer failed to identify the make and model of the chainsaws in question.

"A 41-year old Jacksonville man is dead after a Saturday-night theft of two chain saws from a pickup truck in Green Cove Springs led to a fight, according to the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
Jason Michael Kent died at UF Health Jacksonville after the altercation, the Sheriff's Office said. Nathan Charles Ross, 32, of Jacksonville and Jarrod Franklin Robert Romani, 29, of Okeechobee were arrested on charges of burglary to an automobile.

The chain saws were taken about 8:45 p.m. as the owner was inside a RaceTrac convenience store at 3106 U.S. 17, the Sheriff's Office said. When he realized they were gone and a silver Volkswagen driven by Romani was pulling away from the adjacent parking spot, he gave chase and convinced him to pull over in the 7500 block of U.S. 17, the Sheriff's Office said. Kent and Ross tried to flee and began to fight with the owner and two other men, who used "physical force to defend themselves and detain the suspects from fleeing," according to the arrest report.

Kent and Ross were injured in the fight. Kent, who also was extremely intoxicated, later died, the Sheriff's Office said. The others involved were Jamie Arson Green and Jamie Green Jr., 43 and 19, respectively, and Chase Tyler Carter, 20, all of Middleburg.

The Sheriff's Office's homicide unit is continuing its investigation."

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2014-06-23/story/1-dead-after-green-cove-springs-chain-saw-thefts-and-ensuing-chase-and#cxrecs_s

luvmexfood

Sad. Their was a tragic event in my area recently but not due to crime. I live near a very old town named Abingdon, Va. Were talking from around the 1700s, anyway a tourist was down here visiting and putting something in his trunk. Suddenly a big oak tree fell from across the street striking him and killing him. When it's your time to go it's your time.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

CTYank

Why is that "shoddy journalism"? Failure to note make/model/value/serial #/chain pitch?

Maybe the bit about being UI?
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

Thank You Sponsors!