iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 2100

Started by Timbercruiser, June 12, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

I have a chance to buy a good running used husky 2100. I was wondering if they were a good saw and if they are able to still get parts for them thanks any info will be a big help

ZeroJunk

They are a good saw.  You can go to Partstree and get an idea of the parts you can still buy new, or eBay and see what used stuff is available.
A little heavy by today's standards I suppose, and you need to eat your Wheaties before you pull on the starter rope. But, it will definitely gnaw something up.

beenthere

Just so you know, we have a Forestry Forum sponsor (see left column) CHAINSAWR for parts, that has some members satisfied when looking for parts... even parts not listed in the website.
Good to reciprocate doing business with our sponsors, IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ZeroJunk

Quote from: beenthere on June 12, 2014, 08:06:14 PM
Just so you know, we have a Forestry Forum sponsor (see left column) CHAINSAWR for parts, that has some members satisfied when looking for parts... even parts not listed in the website.
Good to reciprocate doing business with our sponsors, IMO.

I wasn't suggesting that he buy them there necessarily, just a good place to see what is available for a saw you don't even own yet.

Maine logger88

I have a 2100 I don't use it for much I just bought it too play with. Good power even with the 32 inch bar buried in pine with .404 chain it just keeps chugging along. Vibrates bad compared to new saws tho don't think I would wanna run it all day
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

sawguy21

That saw deserves some respect. It is getting long in the tooth, bit of a bear to start but a real beast in the big stuff.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

husky2100

I would get it there a great saw just stock up on tensioners 

Thank You Sponsors!