iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grits used as attempted murder weapon

Started by Raider Bill, June 20, 2014, 07:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Grits Used as Deadly Weapon in Attempted Murder Case, Cops Say

The Orlando Police Department charged a man with attempted second-degree murder after they say he used the popular Southern breakfast side dish as a weapon in an argument with a neighbor.

A neighborhood dispute turned messy June 18 when Orlando police say a 60-year-old man used a scalding pot of grits as a weapon, causing second- and third-degree burns over 30 percent of his victim's body.

The dispute between Edward Holley, 60, and Darryl Blacknell, 29, ended in Holley's arrest on attempted second-degree murder charges, Orange County Jail records indicate. The argument between the two neighbors began on Tuesday, June 17, and ended that day with Holley telling Blacknell to stay away or he'd "throw grease on him," WESH.com reported.

Blacknell, however, didn't stay away and the dispute picked back up again on Wednesday. When Holley found Blacknell on his porch playing cards, he went back into his home, heated up some grits, came out and threw them on his unsuspecting neighbor.

"Blacknell stated that the pain was horrible and he began screaming and running away from the house," the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Orlando police say the attempted murder charge was warranted due to the severity of Blacknell's injuries. He faces a lengthy recovery and is likely to remain hospitalized for some time, WESH.com reported.

As police were placing Holley under arrest, he told them "next time I'm going to kill him," WESH.com said.

Holley remained in the Orlando County Jail June 19 with a $50,000 bond, according to jail records.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

isawlogs

I always knew that that (Mr. Tom) stuff was danger to mankind.  :-X
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WmFritz

I heard that Obama wants a ten day waiting period on all grits sales.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

tule peak timber

I'll be happy to chair a Grits review board. :o
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Claybraker

No mention if these were quick grits, or instant. Very shoddy journalism.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BradMarks

Too funny, "waste of grits" and "shoddy journalism". Make my Friday afternoon!!

Magicman

He shoulda used smoked sucker and saved the grits.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!