iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what would you do if you were rich?

Started by yukon cornelius, June 19, 2014, 09:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

my family and I play this game all the time. we have a good plan where we would buy trucks and equipment to hit the road and go to areas of disaster to help. a concession type trailer or truck to provide food and water for those in need and for the support teams. I would like to help improve storm sirens for rural areas and help get storm shelters to those who cant afford them. help fire departments in need. help families who just don't qualify for traditional help but have needs. there are a lot of people who work hard everyday that still cant cover large needs. that is just the start of my list.

I know I will never be rich but its fun to dream  8)  Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

mesquite buckeye

I would do more of what I want to and less of what I have to. :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

red oaks lumber

i am already rich :) it's just not measured in monetary figures.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

yukon cornelius

red oaks, I should have clarified  :D I am rich also! the lord has blessed me greatly! maybe I could be monetarily rich if I scrapped all my ugly, gets the job done, equipment  :D

we do like to play the what would you do game. I like to think it helps my sons to realize others needs far outweigh ours.

ely

im like red oaks lumber on this, now if I were wealthy I would be like mesquite and do a lot more bowfishing. I also would like to get involved with the habitat for humanity at some point.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I think the best investment plan is to lay up treasures in the Kingdom of Heaven...

Herb

OneWithWood

I would be doing pretty much what I do now, only with nicer equipment  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

LittleJohn

Quote from: OneWithWood on June 19, 2014, 12:08:02 PM
I would be doing pretty much what I do now, only with nicer equipment  :D

...preferrably on a private island, where fruit drinks are ready at the end of the "work" day   8)

beenthere

I don't fantasize. I enjoy and am pleased with what I have now.
Doesn't mean I don't often look for ways and means to improve, but don't do it wishing for more money as "rich" is not money. And I count my blessings.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LeeB

Pretty much the same as I do now, only with more room between myself and my neighbors.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

If I were what some consider wealthy, I think the first thing would be to buy a good sized woodlot, then I'd get a new Wood-Mizer LT40HD with command control, then a newer truck, then after I got all settled down, we'd go on a vacation!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Yukon I'm pretty sure I have a lot of neighbors right now that would look up to you, we're putting together a care package for some friends in Pilger, Ne that just lost everything.  It won't be much, a baby crib, dining room table/chairs, things like that, but stuff we don't use anyway and the girls are sorting through their clothes, much rather see them go to that cause than a .50 price tag on a garage sale!  If you look at those pictures of what happened to those folks I'm rich!  I do need a new pickup though, tranny went in mine again  ;).

hackberry jake

I would sleep in! My donkey has been draggin lately!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

pine

Leigh Family Farm

After I bought my homestead and established my farm & woodworking ventures, I would start revitalizing abandoned buildings and sections of town into useful things. For instance, turn an abandoned warehouse into a functioning urban aquaponic farm or demolish the derelict/abandoned homes and turn them into useable farmland.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Raider Bill

I'd give as much blood as I could to the blood bank, line up some organ donors especially liver and kidneys, then get on the bike and go. Hopefully I won't need any of them but just in case... 8) :D ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

goose63

I would get our old country church restored and put in a good A C most times 24 is a lot of people on Sunday but it gets hot in there in summer
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

DeerMeadowFarm

We play this game as well. I'd like to do more forestry and farming. I'd also like to improve our town. Warren is an old mill town. The mill(s) along the Quaboag river running through town are pretty much abandoned. A water powered electrical plant with electric powered milling equipment would be cool and create some jobs for the town.

Those are the big "hit the lottery" dreams, but in reality I'd consider myself rich if I was debt-free and could make enough money to pay the bills and live off the products we could sell off our property.

I am thankful for everything God has blessed me with and I'm smart enough to know that it can all change in an instant.

buckhunter

Move to Effingham NH where my camp is. Buy an excavator dozer grader couple tri axle trucks,  4- 6 wheeler plow trucks with spreaders. Bid 1dollar on winter and summer contracts and put 10 people to work, while I saw lumber all day.
Norwood MN26 (13hp) Husky 455 Rancher

2B1ASK1

redprospector

Psalms 50:10 tells me that my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He gave his son for me. So I don't figure that there's much he would withhold from me. That makes me pretty dog gone wealthy.  ;D

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thecfarm

This is easy,I think about it all the time.  ;D
Get something to make big rocks,boulders, into small ones. I would have bulldozers,all terrain dump trucks,forwarder, a big storage tank for diesel,big garage,have 2-3 people helping me work around here.
I would also like to help out people who needed it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

sandhills I would like to help. we have some great boys clothes and other items we could send. if it would help let me know where I can send it.

raiderbill, I love your idea! my dad (though a giant jackwagon) had to have a cornea transplant that saved his eye. from that point on I decided I would be an organ donor.

I like all the responses. I in no way meant that I want to be rich but I think there is no harm in playing what if!

kczbest

I am already rich in the Lord and in the Love of my Family.
Yukon; in the verse you quoted "The eye of the needle" is not referring to an actual needle, but is actually referring to a small door used to enter walled cities at night after the gates were closed. A person had to physically remove everything the camel was carrying (his burdens) and make him/her get on their knees and crawl through the door to gain entrance into the city.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

yukon cornelius

kczbest I have read that, and I also read that it refers to eye of the needle mountain pass. either way its a great thing to think about.

kczbest

Yukon you are absolutely right. My Pastor has explained it to me several times, but he does a far better job at it than I did.

Kevin
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Thank You Sponsors!