iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 261 stihl

Started by cutter88, June 15, 2014, 09:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

Picked up a new 261 on Friday thought if would be a good little saw for behind the chipper to tidy up odd shaped pieces,,, it's my first saw with that new style carb on it any tips or don't do's
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

AKDoug

There are no real tips. Just run it. It'll self adjust for changing atmospheric conditions.

jargo432

I always wondered how everyone felt about autotune carbs and how the EPA requires todays saw to be too lean.  Does this type of saw run lean with no way to change it?
Jack of all trades.

NCFarmboy

Should not run lean computer adds fuel automatically to prevent lean condition. 
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

ladylake

I wonder if these new auto tune saws run borderline lean thanks to the EPA, most likely not as both Stihl and Husky have enough 4 stroke units to offset their 2 stroke units on EPA credits.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SawTroll

Quote from: ladylake on June 20, 2014, 07:59:22 AM

I wonder if these new auto tune saws run borderline lean thanks to the EPA, most likely not as both Stihl and Husky have enough 4 stroke units to offset their 2 stroke units on EPA credits.   Steve

I am quite sure they are not. They have been out long enough that we would have heard about it, if it was an issue.
The Autotune also will compensate for air leaks with dumping more fuel in - some times saving the top end.
Information collector.

AdkStihl

Quote from: SawTroll on June 20, 2014, 09:36:22 AM
I am quite sure they are not. They have been out long enough that we would have heard about it, if it was an issue.
The Autotune also will compensate for air leaks with dumping more fuel in - some times saving the top end.

X2
J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!