iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best lights for my new shop???

Started by Woodhauler, June 15, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

What should i get? Going to mount them on the walls about 12ft up. Also 3-4 down the center of the ceilan.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

OH logger

those T-8 fluorescent lights are AWESOME in my shop. I have plenty and they seem to sip electricity. they are 4 footers and 6 bulbs in each fixture and they have reflective material above them so all the light goes down to where u need it.
john

submarinesailor

I agree with OH Logger.  When I'm working an energy retro fit, we always spec out T-8s for this type of appilcation in private industry.  If its a government building we may spec T-5s.  But for the dollar and the amount of light.  You can't beat T-8.

Bruce

Dave Shepard

Are you going to keep the shop above freezing? A friend of mine installed a bunch of those 6xT8 fixtures, and if he tried to start them at low temps, the ballasts would burn out, and they were low temp ballasts, I'm pretty sure. I know the 2xT8 fixtures with the low temp ballasts won't take 0°F.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

OH logger

my whole shop isn't  heated but the whole thing is insulated and I never had a problem but I don't think it gets below 20 degrees ever in there
john

Upnorth

I put T5's in my shop, 12.5' wall. They are incredible. I have three rows, 3 on each over 40' on individual switches per row. The bulbs are very small, about the diameter of a dime. You won't be disappointed.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

enigmaT120

I, too, have T8 fixtures in my shop.  You guys just reminded me I need to buy 2 more.  Mine use 4 bulbs each.  My garage is a 3 bay but only two doors, and I'm going to have 6 fixtures.  I paint in there, and with the doors closed I need all the light I can get. 

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Thank You Sponsors!