iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Twister damage

Started by GATreeGrower, June 12, 2014, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GATreeGrower

Had a little twister come through last night.   Downed a lot of pines and pecan trees around the house.  Thankful to God my house wasn't damaged and me and the dog were safe  :D

Took out the big pecan and the barn

There was a "buffer strip" of pines to try and hide a clearcut done last July.  That didn't work.  Wasn't my idea.

Pecan orchard took a hit

Shallow roots in clay land don't help much

Little stand of 15 year old pines thinned during the clearcut.  You can almost see the path in how the trees are bent.  It came in as a straight wind

BargeMonkey

Ouch.  Sorry to see anyone have to deal with that. My GF lives 10mins from Duanesburgh which recently saw a serious tornado and it was a mess. Well good luck on the clean up.

barbender

Sorry for the damage, we were hit with a big windstorm 2 years ago and lost a lot of timber in the area. It's a bit unsettling to see that kind of damage, I can't imagine the emotion folks must feel in some of the areas that suffered direct hits from big tornadoes, with complete destruction and loss of life :(
Too many irons in the fire

WDH

Those things are scary and destructive.  Good luck with the salvage.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mad murdock

Glad to hear no one was hurt. Hope the cleanup goes well and you are at least able to get some lumber out of the deal.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

Sorry to see that damage.
There was "something" the experts called it a mirco burst?? that went through a few acres about ½ hour,Sumner,from me. What a mess.  :o :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GATreeGrower

I used to live in Nashville, TN and was home when the tornado in 1998 ripped through.  Took my parent's house, an old Victorian built in 1888, and moved the entire thing an inch off the foundation.  Not to mention the trees down. 

I live in a stucco block house now, built in the 30's, those old concrete blocks that fit together like legos.  She ain't goin nowhere.   Sometimes it's better to live smaller.

The logging crew will be here tomorrow morning, in the meantime I am cutting up all the pecan wood this old Homelite bow saw can handle  :)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

GATreeGrower

Pictures after cleanup

WDH

I know that you are glad to have that done. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!