iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keeping the Weaver Happy

Started by Lud, June 12, 2014, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

Repainted her room and laid the flooring while she went to visit her Mom.  We discussed ways to add new shelving in the relatively narrow loom room.  I had some nice foot wide maple boards and ran thru the planer.  Had to use some ash for the verticals and there is a stout steel bracket on the wall in the middle so as too preserve floor space.  Her loom tucks under the bottom shelf too.  We like the continuity of having the shelves all the same heights.  Top shelves are 14-15" for baskets of yarn, etc.

She's having some success filling them up......... ;D

She's been cookin' a bit extra to thank me too! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thecfarm

That turned a ho hum room into a mighty wow room. Good job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Looks like a happy place to me. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

beenthere

Looks great, but from the last pic, it is now time to add on.    ;D

A quilter in my house... I eat a lot of meals "on my own"...   ;D

But the three bedroom house is down to just one, and the 24x30 addition is where the big quilting machine is located... and tubs and stacks of quilting materials....  but the most important... she is happy.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yukon cornelius

Happy wife, happy life! that looks great! great use of your space!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Ljohnsaw

Nice use of the space.  I noticed the old "extension" ladder.  Is that an original from a telephone truck or did you make that as well?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Lud

Those are orchard ladders.  The one gets a bit narrower at the top.  There the second set I've found at auctions.   Of course she got the "nice ones". :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

isawlogs

Wow, nice job there, that sure did not take long to get filled, did you also make the ladders  ???    8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Lud

She didn't put all her stuff back.......y'know, precise artistic placement is important to the ladies.     :D :D

No , those were auction finds.  They do display some of her smaller weavings nicely. :D

jamesamd

Nicely done,Lud.I am sure Mama is pleased ;)

jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!