iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great site

Started by basspapaw, June 11, 2014, 08:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basspapaw

I found this site ,Mainly because i was hurt in a tree cutting mishap, wish I would have found it before my accident!
I was helping a friend do a job ( he new what he was doing lol ) I told him I am clueless just tell me what I need to do.
To make a long story short I ended up going for an ambulance ride !So now after two surgeries and one hand still in a cast and the other hand barely 65% Im passing the time working on chainsaws until I can go back to work(two and a half Months to go)This site is awesome, Lots of need to know info,
Thanks
Basspapaw

thecfarm

Stuff happens,but it's still too bad. Welcome to the forum basspapaw.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Sorry to hear bout your accident, but glad ya found us.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

basspapaw

Yep Crap happens. But I hope I am old enough to learn something from it( If it looks like a dumb idea it probably is)
Any way with all the help here it looks like i might be able to fix some saws! Thanks for the welcome.
Basspapaw

LeeB

Welcome to the forum. Tell us about what happened so we can all learn what not to do.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

basspapaw

Well I shimmed up a maple about forty feet and tied a rope to it, tied other end to a truck,  put a ladder against the tree and notched it about twenty feet up , put pressure on rope and while still on ladder cut the back side of notch,instead of tree falling towards the truck it came straight down ,I got knocked off ladder from about twenty feet up,I new better just trusted some one that "new what he was doing" Really lucky I didnt die! But Im paying for being dumb right now thats for sure!

luvmexfood

Sorry for your accident but glad you survived and shared it with the forum so maybe no one else will repeat. There is a video posted under the health and safety heading, I think, that shows a similiar incident.

I once was up about 6 feet on a ladder trimming a limb. Let me just say it is amazing how far you can throw a saw to get it away from you while falling off a ladder.

Lesson learned with no injuries.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

LeeB

Wow, you are lucky to be telling us about it. Thanks for sharing your mishap with us.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

clww

Glad you'll heal up and hope you find yourself back at 100% soon. IMO, as your accident illustrates, ladders and saws don't mix.
Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

JohnG28

Welcome,  and glad you're OK.  :o
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Maine logger88

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your accident hope you heal quickly. I see you are from terre haute have you been to the schide diesel extravaganza?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

basspapaw

No I have never went to the diesel blowout But they sure tie up a city! They bring a lot of commerce to the area,seems like we always get some hydraulic work when its going on.

Maine logger88

Yeh I'm hoping to go this year if I have time looks like a lot of nice riggin there from the you tube vids
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

basspapaw

For sure its a couple of days of hard  partying  and playing with big boy toys!

Thank You Sponsors!