iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 230 "E"

Started by Timbercruiser, June 11, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

i have a 1981 timberjack 230 E i am looking for a service - repair manual for this skidder. John Deere has all the books now on timberjack but nothing on a E series machine. I was at the dealer and he said he can go back to 1958 or 1989 to A series and D series 230s. Hope someone might be able to help me find a service manual.  Thanks  :D

tj240

i think that all the E on the machine means is that the rears are eaton and it probably has a hercules winch, the 230 E i ran also had a detroit motor with a auto trans. servicing it is the same as others i believe, but try going on line to find the paperwork. good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

timberjack26

i can help you with that....

timberjack26

need the serial number....

Maine logger88

E is the series after the D but before the A 79 to 83 is the years they were made I believe
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lynde37avery

my uncles 1980 230 super E the brakes somehow are built or set up is different than his 1978 230D. if that helps.
Detroit WHAT?

bushmechanic

Timbercruiser did you check the jdparts.com website for a manual? The E's were nice machines with Eaton rears and Eaton transfer cases.

coxy

my buddy has a 240 super e long frame gearmatic 119  and says that the e stands for extra money for parts  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

coxy

Quote from: lynde37avery on June 13, 2014, 12:32:22 AM
my uncles 1980 230 super E the brakes somehow are built or set up is different than his 1978 230D. if that helps.
I think the e has 2 sets of brakes and the a -d has one set does that sound right :) :)

lynde37avery

i'm not exactly sure what the brakes difference is. but I know the super E you can lock the parking brake while winching and the D model you have to use the pedal brake while winching only.
Detroit WHAT?

Timbercruiser

I tryed john deere they dont have a service manual for a E series. I know the E series has a different transfer case than a d model. Its hard to find a book anyway

timberjack26

wow.. you get them all day long...do you have the single brake in it or dual....

Thank You Sponsors!