iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Straight truck question

Started by SPD748, June 23, 2014, 08:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

That's too bad. Here it's ag until it's planed, I think.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Dave,any requirments on distance from the farm?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

At one point it was anywhere in the country on farm business. Then I think I heard it was 100 air miles, then back to anywhere on farm business. We've had trouble in both NY and CT with a pickup with farm plates. They didn't know ours were good anywhere. In NY there are a couple of different types of farm/ag plates, and one of them I think you actually have to have a specified route that includes your farm, any land you use, Tractor Supply, etc. :D They only called in 3 troopers in CT. Must have been a slow day down there. ::) :D Also no CDL for Farm plates.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

snowstorm

ifta is a fuel sticker. you only need that if you operate in more than your home state. if you are only in your home state you need a fuel sticker. with an ifta sticker you must file fuel tax reports in every state you run. and pay the tax on gallons used in each state

ABTS

The us dot number I think is free when I still had my tree service we had to have a usdot number on the side of my chip/bucket truck because I could make money off of it . Each state has its own laws but the usdot trumps all others.

luvmexfood

A lot has to do with how the local judge interputs the code. Their was an article in the Virginia State Farm Bureau magazine saying that farm plates were being cracked down on. Asked a State Police and he said it was the first he had heard of it.

He was from a different area but same state.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

redprospector

Way back when I drove trucks...that was back before they shortened Commercial Drivers License to CDL. Every state had it's own laws. You pretty much knew what the law was in the state that you lived and operated, and you could find out what the law was in the state's you were going to.
In steps the Federal Government to "stream line" everything, and set a standard for all states to operate by. Everyone who drives commercially will know the law to get their license, and it will be the same everywhere.
Today, every state has it's own laws (Isn't that where we were until the late 80's?), but no one knows exactly what they are because they are so convoluted by the Feds, and so much is left up to the discretion of the officer, and the rest is left to the discretion of the judge.
I'm sure that someday they'll back me into a corner and make me get a CDL, DOT numbers, and all that good stuff again. But until that day I'll just be thankful I don't have to, and keep on keeping on.  smiley_beertoast
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!