iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the board.

Started by joey7319, June 09, 2014, 10:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey7319

I`ve been lurking for a bit, while trying to get my mill running. Well today I got it fired up and starting seeing what works and did`nt get far before a hydraulic hose blew out. I`ll be back on it again tomorrow after a trip to town to get a hose made and pick up some switches for the control box. I look forward to milling some logs once I get the bugs worked out of this old girl. The Mill is a timber harvester 30HT25. The motor gave me a fit, but after replacing the ignition module and rewiring and replacing the ignition switch the motor runs and sounds good.
30HT25 Timber Harvester Mill Kubota kx 161-3 Excavotor Kubota l235 tractor and a mixed group of chainsaws.

Chuck White

Congratulations on getting a mill, and welcome to the Forestry Forum.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bill Gaiche

WmFritz

Good for you ... almost there.
Glad your here! 8)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

justallan1

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Joey.
This is definitely the place to ask any questions.
Have fun with the mill.

Allan

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, joey7319.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

VictorH

Welcome to the forum Joey!!

beamero

Im new as well, but welcome!
2014 Wood Mizer LT40HD
Frick Circular Mill
Ford 555C
Massey 275; 202
Cat D4C XL
Cat 420D IT

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

backwoods sawyer

Welcome.
Now that the mill has tested your millwright skills will not be long before you can test your sawyer skills.
enjoy 8)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

mart

Welcome. Good to have you here.
I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

thecfarm

joey7319,Welcome to the forum. What's the plan for the lumber? Do you have your own trees?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

joey7319

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The plan is to mill my own trees for a new barn and a sawmill shed. Then I hope to make some money with it. I have about 30 acres of good standing timber on my farm, so no shortage of logs. I have been wanting a mill for about 10 years, A friend got me hooked when I helped him cut a bunch of tullip poplar. One thing led to another and I finally found a mill cheap enough for me, of coarse it was broken down and had not been run in quite a few years, but I have more time than money.
30HT25 Timber Harvester Mill Kubota kx 161-3 Excavotor Kubota l235 tractor and a mixed group of chainsaws.

drobertson

howdy, sounds like you are about there! show some pics of the mill when you get a chance, I've never seen that one before,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

joey7319

I was trying to post some pics, but a jpeg won`t work, so I`ll have to try again later. Off to town to get a hose made.

beenthere

QuoteI was trying to post some pics, but a jpeg won`t work,

jpeg files work the best. At what point in the pic loading process do you get stymied?

There is a good primer in the "Behind the Forum" board (under "Home" tab). 
And if you have set up your own gallery in your profile, it should be pretty straight forward.
Let us know where you get hung up and we'll get you over that hump.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

joey7319

Went to town and got the hose I needed and it was fairly cheap so I got an extra one. Sure glad I did, as I needed it soon after installing the first one.

dutchman

Welcome. I run a 30HT, it's been easy to repair and makes good lumber.
Let me know if you need info, bought it used in 98.

Good Luck

joey7319

This mill is still resisting the full wake up, I have re-wired all the switches and all but the blade guide is working correctly. The guide will go in but now it won`t return. That should be no big deal, just need to open the control box up and see whats going on.  I mounted a blade and got it lined up and tightened. Then I had another hydraulic line fail, So it`s time to go back to town for another line or two. I am really to the point where I want to see some saw dust fly.   8)

Darrel

Can't blame you there Joey.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

YellowHammer

Welcome to the Forum and it sounds like you're getting close to getting the dust flying
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!