iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need information on buying the parts of trees mills don't want

Started by JudyDaniels, June 09, 2014, 04:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudyDaniels

I am in need of information or direction on how to find the companies that buys the "left over" parts of trees, i.e. bark, limbs, tops, that the mills don't necessarily want. 

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Helpful to know your whereabouts and what is causing the parts of trees mills don't want.
(note: You can go to your profile and fill in location in your bio)

Are you doing some logging?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LittleJohn

I think the logger leave them in the WOODS; generally if they aint getting paid for it they leave it

..just my $.02

Okrafarmer

Whatever the logger can't get paid for, he leaves in the woods, so you could try asking some loggers. Whatever a sawmill can't use for lumber, they usually chip it up and sell the chips or burn them in a power generation system.

If you have a long-term need for forestry products of these kinds, it would be good to have a clear idea of what types of wood you can use, then ask loggers or sawmills if they would be interested in selling it to you on an on-going basis. That will depend largely on whether they feel it would be worth their time and trouble or not.

Welcome to the Forum, by the way!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!