Sponsors:

Deer Fawns

Started by Ron Scott, June 08, 2014, 09:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Follow the leader, 8/9/15

~Ron

Magicman

The old mamma is keeping a watchful eye. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

Staying with mom at sunset.

~Ron

Chuck White

I've only seen one fawn so far this year, unfortunately it was squashed and on the side of the road.

A really sad sight!   :(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Scott

Browsing along with her twins.

She hears something. A bear maybe.

~Ron

WV Sawmiller

I see fawns almost daily here on our place but so far I have not seen any twins. I am sure they are there but singles are all I am seeing so far. I watched a pair of twins and one single fawn grow up in and around our pasture last year.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ron Scott

~Ron

Magicman

A doe and her two young ones are coming to the Pear tree behind the Cabin.  Apparently the fawns were born early because they are ¾ the size of the doe.

They are quite comical gnawing on the cast off pears.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ppine

I was on a river trip in eastern OR last summer. Taking a nap, I woke up and was staring at a mule deer fawn from 20 feet. I tilted my head up to get a better look and he walked toward me.  It was a wonderful experience to just stare at each other for awhile. Then he walked off.
Forester

Ron Scott

A twin now shows.

~Ron

WV Sawmiller

Just watched a pair of fawns trot across the pasture and through the cross fence gate about 70-80 yards from the house. Got up to check and saw the old doe in front headed towards my old goat barn.

Been seeing plenty of fawns but this is the first pair I have seen on our property this year. Figured they were there just had not come across them in my searches. Its fun to watch them playing and flicking their tails around.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Al_Smith

Just a few minutes ago I spied at least a half dozen does with fawns not 200 feet back in my woods .Why they were congregated like that remains a good question .I tried but could not get a clear camera shot .

capt dick

Out in the woods this Morning

Larry

We have a group of about 4 or 5 does that hang together.  A yearling buck is also usually with them instead of hanging with the rest of the boys.  Yesterday they were in a little hide out drying out after the rain.  The fawns are old enough now the does let them play.  I watched for awhile, but had an errand to do in town.  When I came back the yearling buck must of done something cause the head doe was after him and finally ran him off. :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Den Socling

My daughter, Jessica, had a doe with three fawns in her yard. That was a crowd for mom.

Czech_Made

I killed fawn >:( with my motorcycle today, feel pretty miserable.

Den Socling

Wow! That could have killed you.

Czech_Made

Yeah, it was all bout timing, the little bugger got hit by the front wheel fork and went down.  I see deer often and slow down or stop but this time I just did not take notice till too late.

Northern Virginia has a lot of deer.

ppine

Wild mammal mothers frequently leave their offspring to hunt and forage. It is a mistake to mess with them or think that they are abandoned.  I used to have a neighbor up on Camano Island, WA.  He grew up at the end of the road at Newhalem before the highway went through.  His relatives were all loggers.  One day Uncle Louie brought him a bear cub which he had as a pet for two years.  Then he donated it to the Seattle Zoo.  Then his uncle brought him a mountain lion cub which he walked around town on a chain.  It got too big and was donated.  An interesting childhood, but the animals are best left alone.
Forester

Ron Scott

Twin fawns keep active.

~Ron

DeerMeadowFarm

We have one doe with twins and another with triplets!

Ron Scott

~Ron

Chuck White

Fawns are always curious, and fun to watch!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Scott

Had the first camera stolen from this site last week. I guess it was bound to happen. >:(
~Ron

sandhills

Ron if it helps any, it may return.  I "stole" one once after I'd walked by it several times not realizing it was there then about the third time by I had to take a leak and when I looked up I was looking right into it, I'd parked my truck right next to it (on our land) and was fixing fence and cutting trees.  I found out who's it was and gave it back, they had permission to hunt there, actually he used to be our game warden, but luckily after checking the pictures I hadn't exposed myself to anyone but mother nature  :D although it took my picture every other time I walked by it  ???.

Thank You Sponsors!