iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My big day tomorrow

Started by petefrom bearswamp, June 08, 2014, 08:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Year of horsing boards and slabs have taken their toll on my knees.
Arthritis in both .
Am having what is called MAKOplasty on both knees tomorrow.
It is a compartmentalized (read partial) replacement.
Google it if you are curious, there is a 45 minute u tube video by a dr named Fred Beuchle in Florida.
Hope to back at it in 3 weeks or so, but the doc says this is overly optimistic.
Should be pain free after this op.
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Onthesauk

Good luck, hope it goes well!  Do all the therapy.

Years ago I use to ply dominoes with a retired judge in his 80's.  Had a hip replacement, eliminated virtually all the pain and they suggested they do the other one.  He refused.  Said he wanted a lifetime guarantee and they would only give him a 20 year guarantee. :) 
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

sandhills

Hope everything turns out great for ya Pete, my wife would say LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR AND DO YOUR PHYSICAL THERAPY!  She's a nurse, me I'm just a farmer and will just say don't over do it  ;D.  Best of luck!

chain

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Pete, I wish you the best with your surgery, recovery, and rehab.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Wishing you the best, had two knee surgeries, not too bad now, but had to be done.
Follow the directions for sure, and consider a high protein diet if advisable from your doctor, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I hope no more pain for you. Good luck!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Good luck Pete and do what the Doc tells ya
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

hacknchop

I had lung surgery 12 yrs ago thought i would never get back to work it took a while but now you would never beleive i was ever cut on.Following the doctors orders paid off for me anyways.
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!